Dealing with students of different abilities over the years has taught me that to succeed as a tutor, I must nurture the curiosity of a learner in a given topic, and motivate them to explore the new information while being as interactive as possible.
I hold a Bachelor of Science (Psychology) from ANU, and I have been a student tutor for over five years. This year alone, I have given private lessons to eight students, five in high school and three in Uni around Melbourne and they have all recorded significant improvement in their grades!!
October 2018 - Present
Freelance Psychology Researcher/Consultant • Self-employed
• I work as a freelance psychology researcher/consultant while travelling around Europe. Most of the projects I have successfully completed focus on intimate partner violence, mental models, altruism, general/emotional intelligence, and statistics.
• I also work remotely as a psychology/statistics tutor (John XXIII College & privately) and on some entrepreneurial activities.
March 2014 – March 2020
Casual Academic Marker • Charles Sturt University • Canberra, Australia
• Marked assignments for JST301 'Applying Criminology to Crime Reduction' (Session 1, 2014; Session 2, 2014; Session 3, 2015), JST456 'Islam and Policing in the Modern World' (Session 2, 2015), PPP100 'Workforce Essentials' (Session 1, 2016), and AIPM701S2 'Power, Politics and Policy Development' (Session 2, 2018; Session 1, 2019; Session 2, 2019).
• Duties included: Learning subject material; marking papers; and liaising with co-markers/subject coordinator.
November 2017 – June 2018
Psychology Research Academic • Charles Sturt University • Canberra, Australia
• Worked on qualitative and quantitative research projects relating to smartphone usage, ICT ethics, radicalisation on social media, and women and the internet in Iran.
• Duties included: Database set-up and maintenance (SPSS); statistical analysis and interpretation (SPSS & SurveyMonkey); questionnaire development and distribution; writing and editing articles for academic journal submission; writing and editing ethics and grant applications (internal, NHMRC, & ARC); qualitative data analysis (NVivo); and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
November 2016 – November 2017
Senior Consultant • RSM Australia • Canberra, Australia
• Worked as a senior consultant in RSM's People and Change consulting division.
• Major projects included: Constructing a face-to-face and CATI-phone survey for a large research organisation, assisting with the roll-out of an SAP solution within a large government department, evaluating the success of two phases of a government department's quality improvement program, and reviewing a government agency's service offerings and providing recommendations for improvement (i.e., cutting, streamlining, maintaining or expanding the services).
• Duties included: Writing tenders, conducting research, business process mapping, conducting desktop reviews, survey design and construction, data analysis and interpretation (SPSS, Excel, SurveyMonkey), report writing, business case writing, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and interviewing prospective hires.
February 2015 – November 2016
General Research Academic, Criminology • Charles Sturt University • Canberra, Australia
• Involved working on academic and government (qualitative and quantitative) research projects relating to child homicide clearance, homicide clearance in general, the clearance of homicides that occur during the course of another crime, changes in clearance rates over time, and multi-agency sexual offences (in conjunction with the ADF).
• Also worked on projects relating to body wearable video cameras, the active armed offender response training program (CSU/NSWPF), and employee motivation and engagement in the ADF (unnamed area).
• Duties included: Database set-up and maintenance (SPSS); statistical analysis and interpretation (SPSS); drafting and editing articles for academic journal submission (primary duty); government report writing (literature reviews, method & results sections, etc.); organising/filing project documents and correspondence; writing research proposals and ethics applications; and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
July 2014 – February 2016
Subject Coordinator • Charles Sturt University • Canberra, Australia
• Involved in coordinating JST301 'Applying Criminology to Crime Reduction' in Session 2, 2014 and Session 3, 2015.
• Duties included: Running the subject forum; posting announcements; responding to student queries; marking papers; liaising with Learning Skills; organising and training external co-markers (when necessary); ensuring overall marking consistency; uploading papers and grades; and updating subject material and links.
February 2009 – August 2013
Self-employed Student Tutor • Burgmann College, Australian National University • Canberra, Australia
• Tutored high school students in advanced mathematics.
• Tutored university students in statistics (all levels; psychology and marketing focus), linguistics, sociology, gender studies, biological anthropology, and psychology (variety of courses).
Bachelor of Science (Psychology) The Australian National University,
Canberra, Australia. 2009 – 2012 MSc. in Organizational Psychology
University of Leicester, Leicester, England. 2013 – 2015
Rachel and I have been friends for a few years and she has always inspired me with how well she teaches and how she helps you apply what you learn in real life. If you're looking for a tutor to challenge you and help you grow,look no further.
I am a psychology major who has been tutored privately by Rachel. I was an average student but with Rachel's help I am about to graduate with First Class Honors. Rachel has been there every step of the way with her creative and very effective methods that I will continue to use in my professional career.
positive thinking lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with stress management lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about personal coaching lessons?
Taking personal development lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|