My teaching experience includes the development and delivery of ‘flexible learning’, ‘distance education’ and learning in ‘blended’ and ‘online’ methods to undergraduate and postgraduate students at various universities (i.e., UniSA, SUT, CQU etc.). I have been actively involved in teaching and preparing materials for flexible delivery using contemporary digital platforms for our on-campus, overseas campus and Open University of Australia students).
My teaching consistently receives higher scores than the faculty and university average when independently evaluated by the University. I have a specific teaching style that is closely assessed by my students and peers, and I have been awarded a Quality Teaching Award for excellence in teaching from the University of South Australia, and twice by the Swinburne University of Technology.
I have developed and implemented several undergraduate and postgraduate accounting courses. To maintain the standards of high-quality teaching, I consistently relate my teaching to current business practices. For example, when I teach ‘Fraud’ in Forensic Accounting classes, I present current research studies on ‘Dick Smith’ or ‘Panasonic’ which are classic tales of corporate greed. I also discuss different recent surveys; for example, the Deloitte’s Bribery and Corruption Survey 2020 results and discuss how accountants should strive to prevent fraud.
I have significant experience in teaching at international partnership institutes and worked in a variety of overseas universities including the following: National Economic University, Vietnam; Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong; Kaplan, Singapore; University of Dhaka, Bangladesh; and American International University in Bangladesh. These experiences have entailed teaching students from diverse academic and cultural/national backgrounds, and this is an aspect of my teaching that I am very confident about and greatly interested in.
I was awarded a PhD in Accounting from the University of South Australia (UniSA) in 2008. My thesis investigated the effects of monitoring mechanisms on firm performance. It also examined the substitution and complementary relationships among monitoring variables.
Before I started my PhD, I completed a Masters degree in Accounting (1st class) and a Bachelor degree in Commerce (1st class Honours).
I am also a member of the following professional bodies:
• Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Australia and
• Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Australia.
1. I have been employed in academia for over 22 years of experience at various world-ranked universities.
2. I possess several professional qualifications, i.e., Chartered Accountant (CA ANZ), Certified Public Accountant (CPA, Australia) and Cost and Management Accountant (CMA, Australia).
3. Currently, working as a Professor and Director of North South University Center of Business Research.
4. I have had various leadership roles including Head of the Group, Discipline Leader (Accounting), Program Director (MPA and MPracAcc) and Research Seminar Series Convener, Unit Coordinator International Conference Session Chairs, etc.
5. I have more than 50 research studies published in national & international journals, books, monographs and conference proceedings.
6. My recent publication history in 2019 - 2020 includes four papers published in Q1 Scopus/SCImago journals: (i) Journal of Business Ethics, (ii) Journal of Intellectual Capital, and (iii) Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal (iv) International Journal of Accounting and Information Management.
7. I have completed several competitive research funded projects and supervised four HDR students who completed their PhD in recent time.
accounting lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with business management lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about commerce lessons?
Taking management lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|