- Hourly rate $30
- Response Time 24h
This teacher is currently unavailable
Qualified primary school and early childhood teacher offering assistance and support to children under 12 in the Illawarra!
- at your home
About the lesson
I'm Manda, a trained primary school teacher, with many years of experience in both early childhood teaching and primary tutoring.
My passion is to support children under 12 years of age with:
- Early literacy and numeracy (0 to 5 year olds)
- Primary school class work, homework and assignments
I am able to work with children who attend mainstream classrooms, with some support to those who speak English as an additional language (ESL) (available upon request).
- Understanding the 'why' of their class work - assisting children to go deeper than 'what's the answer to this maths problem?' or 'what does this word sound like?'
- Social-emotional development, including friendship and self esteem building.
I like working one-on-one, building free-flowing lessons based on the individual needs of the child I'm working with.
I am also comfortable assisting children in Years 7 to 10 as well as adults with class work and assignment assistance. Please contact me for additional details.
Hope I can help you or your child!
- Academic tutoring
- Homework help
- School Coaching
- Primary School
- Early High School
- 10 + years in childcare centres and nannying
- 3 years tutoring 3 students in Years 4 to 7 from ESL backgrounds in a range of subjects - homework help, assignment assistance and public speaking practice.
- 5 years of ad hoc assignment assistance to adults, including those from ESL backgrounds
- Various ways of explaining concepts
- Enjoys finding the 'why' and making learning fun and meaningful
- 5h: $140
- 10h: $250
- + $$5
$25 for 0-5 year olds (early literacy and numeracy, social-emotional support)
$28 for Kindergarten to Year 2
$30 for Years 3 to 6
Please contact me regarding assistance to older grades and adults.