I believe repetition and revision are key in learning a new language. I structure my lessons according to my students needs. I always like to start the lesson with teaching/reviewing a few greetings and general questions and then get into the topic of the lesson. I like to use a variety of teaching materials to keep young learners interested. Some of teaching materials I use include language games, songs, videos and worksheets.
I studied a Bachelor of Creative Industries at ECU. I've since Completed a TEFL and TESOL qualification and have experience in teaching children aged 3-12 years old in China as a language instructor. I've got a working with children check and police check. I prefer to tutor at public libraries.
I'm currently taking Mandarin Chinese lessons each week as the majority of my students are Chinese. I try to only use English during my lessons but on the odd occasion I need to use it in beginner classes.
If you are unable to do a session, please provide your notice at least 24 hours ahead of time. If notice is not given before 24 hours of the scheduled session time, you will be charged 50% of the hourly rate.
Below are roles I've held where I've worked with/had close interaction with children.
Online ESL Teacher | Jul 2020 - Current
• Work with adults and children of all ages with varying English capabilities (I hold a current/valid Working With Children Card)
• Teach a variety of topics which can include: grammar, greetings, talking about holidays/events/likes/dislikes.
• Use a lot of TPR (Total Physical Response) to aid learning
• Able to help with speaking, writing and listening
• Learn through the use of worksheets, games, songs, presentations and more depending on the needs of the student.
ESL Teacher | Sep 2017 – Feb 2018
• Developed lesson plans, home work and open day classes
• Organised extracurricular/multicultural events for seasonal celebrations like Halloween, Thanksgiving,
Christmas and New Year
• Assessed the progress of students verbal and written abilities
Walt Disney World Cast Member | Aug 2016 – Feb 2017
• Maintained, stocked and displayed food according to company policy
• Processed cash and credit card transactions
• Performed opening and closing duties as required. Cleaned/sanitised work station and equipment • Prepared food and beverage orders using safe food handling techniques
Photographer/Sales Assistant | Nov 2019 – Dec 2019
• Photographed children and families with Santa Clause at Santaland in Myer
• Processed/edited, printed and delivered photographs
• Using positive language, empathy and a big smile to create a great customer service experience • Processed cash and credit card transactions
• Performed opening and closing duties as required
vocabulary - english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with esl (english) lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||$140||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||$270||Not available||$300|