My teaching method begins with often finding the students task they are working on, whether it be a performance or a written assignment. Immediately, I will praise the student. I strongly believe that a positive environment if often the best course of action in encouraging and improving a student. I will then find the parts that need working on and find the best way to help the child by not showing them the answer, but how they can find it.
I am a 18 year old saxophonist (experience in gigging, prestigious festivals, working with younger students) who has 9 years of learning. Throughout High School, I would often work with younger students and teach them further learning in music. I have done 1-on-1 and group work. These students are now confident soloists and performers in their respective Jazz bands. I am also currently studying at QUT Fine Arts: Music and Secondary Education. I am patient, trustworthy, and will try my very best to create a welcoming and supportive environment.
Require 24hrs of notice of cancellation. Of course, if it is an immediate cancellation (less than 24hrs before lesson), I'm not going to be aggressive and negative about it- these things happen! :)
- Studying Fine Arts: Music and Secondary Education at QUT (First Year)
- Basic understanding of piano
- Scored 91 for Music Extension: Performance in 2020 ATAR (Scored 25/25 in External Exams)
- Have played in SHEP in 2019 and 2020
- Have 9 years of experience of saxophone
- Have 3 years of producing music
- Have played in Classical, Rock, Jazz, RnB bands within my school
- Have gigged with different bands throughout my community as a solo saxophonist
- Have cowritten music for different plays within my community
- Have played in the ASPIRE music festival (2017 and 2019) and an International Music Festival in Sydney, in which I played at the Sydney Opera House (2017)
- Have released music on platforms such as Spotify, Soundcloud, Apple Music under the name 'phntom'.
- Have taught 1-on-1 and group sessions with younger students in High School, in which all of them are confident soloists
- Have experience soloing in various public places
- Able to teach Jazz Improvisation
- Regularly studies Music Theory
- Was Middle Years Captain and College Captain in my High School
music reading lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with music theory lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about composition lessons?
Taking musicology lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$27|