His teaching method is very interactive and communicative. He is good at enlightening students and stimulating the enthusiasm and passion of students to learn more by themselves. He believes that interest is the best teacher. He bases his classes on his abundant journalistic experience and comprehensive reading. Students are allowed to ask any questions about China in class. He likes to be challenged by his students because posing challenges shows that the students are very engaging in his classes.
Yuan Jiang is a Chinese PhD student currently studying at the Queensland University of Technology. He is affiliated with the QUT Digital Media Research Centre. He completed his Master’s Degree of political science at Moscow State Institute of International Relations as a Russian Speaker and Bachelor’s degree of law at Shanghai University. He served as an Account Manager of ZTE Corporation in Moscow and special correspondent in Asia Weekly and Pengpai News. His writing has also appeared in The Diplomat, South China Morning Post, Australian Institute of International Affairs, China Brief-The Jamestown Foundation, Global Times (English Edition), Southern People Weekly Magazine, People’s Daily (Overseas Edition), Caixin and Kanshijie Magazine.
He has been giving similar private lessons to Russian students about HSK since he studied in Moscow. He also has teaching experience in IELTS.
For more information, please refer to his LinkedIn (concealed information)
I can travel to teach classes, but only in the city. If anyone comes to QUT to learn or study by Internet, the price will be cheaper as well.
I am a very experienced teacher and don't offer the first lesson for free, but the first one will be cheaper with 30 dollars/hour.
June’19—Present Queensland University of Technology, Australia
PhD student in Media and Communication
QUT Postgraduate Research Award and HDR Tuition Fee Sponsorship
Focus: The Belt and Road Initiative in Chinese, Australian and Russian media
Sept.’15 –June’17 Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO), Russia
Master’s Degree in Political Science
Founder of Global China Connection /Chinese National Association
Sept.’11—June’15 Shanghai University, China
Bachelor of Laws, Law School _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Sept.’16 –June’17 Chinese Students’ Club & Chapter of Global China Connection at MGIMO
Founder & President
Nov.’17 East China Normal University, China
The 4th Annual Workshop for Young Academic Elite
“The October Revolution & the Reconstruction of International Order”
June.’13 —July.’13 Peking University, Fudan University &East China Normal University
International Relations Summer School
“The Peaceful Rise of China and the World Setup amid Changes”
Sept.’10—June.’11 Shanghai University, China
Sydney Institute of Language and Commerce (transferred to law school after one year)
June’17—Present Freelance Writer at
The Diplomat, South China Morning Post, Australian Institute of International Affairs,
China Brief Jamestown Foundation, Global Times, People’s Daily, Asia Weekly, Pengpai News, Southern People Weekly Magazine, Kanshijie Magazine & Caixin
Please see my publications below.
Feb.’17—present Freelance Commentator and Contributor of
Financial Times, Russia Today, People’s Daily, Channel One Russia and other Talk Shows
Please see my publications below.
Aug.’ 18—Feb.’ 19 Freelance Tutor of IELTS, China
· Successfully improved the IELTS grades of several Chinese students
Aug.’17—June’19 Co-founder of LOCKBREAKERS Consulting
· Produced political and economic analyses on a wide range of topics in Eurasian regions;
· Helped clients identify long-term market and political trends;
· Offered comprehensive advice on how to operate in the cultural, legal and business environments of our target regions.
· Wrote personal statement, motivation letter and relevant advice to help Chinese students to study abroad.
Aug.’17 —May’18 Account Manager of ZTE Corporation, Russian branch
· Was dedicated to researching the Russian local telecommunication operators such as Beeline, MegaFon and so on.
· Maintained relationship with old clients.
· Promoted ZTE to find new clients and expand market share.
Feb.’17— Feb.’18 Special Correspondent of Asia Weekly & Pengpai News
· Interviewed some influential students coming from all over the world, among them children of high-ranking diplomats, politicians as a researcher for the “World Youth Dialogue”;
· Worked in Moscow as an interviewer and expert in Russian politics, contributed to numerous weekly editions such as anti-corruption protests across Russia on March 26, 2017 and the change of Trump’s reputation in Russian mass media etc.
Please see my publications below.
Dec.’16 –June’17 Freelance Tutor of Chinese language, culture, philosophy and history, Moscow
· Advertised my lessons on Russian social network “VKontakte” by myself and now I have more than 2000 “VKontakte” friends who are interested in China.
· Successfully helped my Russian students to increase their understanding of Mandarin, Chinese History, Chinese Philosophy and Chinese Qigong etc.
Nov.’16—Feb’17 Academic Assistant of Public Diplomacy Institute of Shanghai Cooperation Organization
· Participated in many meetings on the topic “Challenges and Opportunities of Shanghai Cooperation Organization” and “Sino-Russian Relations” from the Chinese former ambassador to Russia, other high-ranking retired officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China and famous Chinese professors;
· Collected and translated academic information for Chinese think tanks and also actively participated in many seminars on the topic “The Chinese Dream” and “The New Silk Road in Russia” from Chinese Ambassador in Russia and famous Russian professors.
Apr.’15-May’ 15 Personal Assistant of GE Hongbing, Shanghai Chinese Creative Writing Center
· Helped professor and writer Mr. GE Hongbing creating the website (concealed information) and was responsible for the legal registration of this NGO and its liaising with visitors.
Dec.’ 13–Feb.’ 14 Counselor-Education and Counseling Services (Offender New Start Intervention) Shanghai Jiading District People's Protectorate
· Attentively listened to juvenile offenders’ experiences in order to guide, advise and assist these high-risk individuals to develop some meaningful life goals and direction.
· Feedback indicated that most offenders felt understood and the majority of attendees committed to making a life change.
Jun.’ 12–Aug.’ 12 Legal Assistant of Shanghai Jiading District People's Court
· Was responsible for the translation services of legal documents concerning foreign affairs to the full satisfaction of the Department.
Finished my master dissertation “China and Russia in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization: Competition and Cooperation” 04-2017
Won an award from the 6th essay competition hosted by National Copyright Administration of China (Ranked 100/1200) 06-2014
The Diplomat, South China Morning Post, Australian Institute of International Affairs, China Brief Jamestown Foundation & Global Times (English)
What China has in common with Australia, Taiwan and the US: local and national priorities don’t always align
(concealed information) 26-11-2019
The Battle for Motor Sich: A Sino-American Dispute in Ukraine 19-11-2019
The Curious Strategy behind Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative MoU With Victoria 08-11-2019
Hong Kong: Beyond Chinese Ideology 08-10-2019
Deliverance in death: suicide games on the rise 06-06-2017
Space science enters new era of aspiration – colonizing planets 22-02-2018 (concealed information)
Will we see a Russia-Saudi oil cartel? 17-10-2017
New members broaden BRICS horizons 06-09-2017
Dark side of the technologies of tomorrow 23-08-2017
Why the latest round of sanctions matters? 13-08-2017
Will Europe turn to China in era of Trump? 22-06-2017
People’s Daily, Asia Weekly, The Paper, Southern People Weekly Magazine, Kanshijie Magazine & Caixin (Chinese)
Russian beauty: mentality and national development 08-03-2019
From manuscript falsification to false fundraising - the fall of a German star reporter 19-02-2019
Russian-Ukrainian Strait Conflict 16-02-2018
Vladivostok Forum among China, Russia and Japan 13-09-2018
Security First in the Russian World Cup 01-07-2018
China-US Disputes through the American Ban on ZTE 19-04-2018
Zhou Lei: Shaolin Kung Fu in the U.S. 02-02-2018
Why the Russian opposition is difficult to rock Putin in the election 11-02-2018
World Youth Dialogue| A post-90s American entrepreneur's trip to China 26-07-2017
Voice丨Will Russian people understand the explanation of “Qigong”? 21-05-2017
The Disillusioned Image of Trump in Russia 22-04-2017
The Popular “Rape Case” in Russian-speaking Area: Russian Women under the Resurrection of Orthodoxy
(concealed information) 14-04-2017
Russian Anti-corruption Protests & Arrest of More Than 1,000 Protesters 09-04-2017
World Youth Dialogue | the View about Europe & Russia from a Young Italian Nobleman 01-03-2017 (concealed information)
Comment on Financial Times, Russia Today, People’s Daily, Channel One Russia and other Talk Shows (English, Russian and Chinese)
Australia: the campus fight over Beijing’s influence 12-11-2019
As a representative of Chinese students and journalists, I commented on the lecture taught by the famous Chinese professor YAN Xuetong from Tsinghua University. 08-04-2017
Chinese students in Russian Universities 04-08-2017
No coalition: a new age in German politics 23-11-2017
One Belt One Road Initiative and the Advice to the Young Generation 10.11.2017
Jiang Yuan’s Thought Sharing Session 29.10.2017
Will Ukraine swing back to Russia’s orbit? 17.07.2017
President Xi's State Visits in Russia and Germany 05-07-2017
Russian communist party set for generational change 18-06-2017
As the president of Chinese Club at MGIMO, I was interviewed by the famous host Andrey Alferov. 12-05-2017
Presentation about Global China Connection and Chinese Culture as the President of Chinese National Association and the GCC to all the MGIMO students 11-05-2017
Yuan Jiang • Foreigners • Говорит Москва/govoritmoskva 10-03-2017
How Diana Shurygina became the star of the Internet. Let them talk. 07-03-2017
(concealed information) kak-diana-shurygina-stala-zvezdoy-interneta-chast-2-pust-govoryat-vypusk-ot-07-03-2017
How Diana Shurygina became the star of the Internet. Let them talk. 06-03-2017
(concealed information) kak-diana-shurygina-stala-zvezdoy-interneta-pust-govoryat-vypusk-ot-06-03-2017
Beggar Haip - Yuan Jiang Special Guest 09-03-2017
chinese lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with mandarin lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral expression - chinese lessons?
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$50||Not available||$45|
|5 hours||$238||Not available||$225|
|10 hours||$450||Not available||$450|