My teaching approach is that I like to use analogies or similar problems to solve the main issue at hand. I think having many examples are key to understand problem structures. If something is not understood, I will rewind and re-teach the concepts. To me, everything has an answer!
I am a scientist at a biotech company in the Bay Area. I graduated with a BS in Chemistry December 2017. I have never had a tutoring job, but I have helped fellow classmates learn the subjects I know! I employ chemistry and math knowledge on a day-to-day basis in my current job.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Dec 2017, GPA: 3.39
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
Transfer Coursework towards Undergraduate Studies, May 2015, GPA: 3.64
Triton College, River Grove, IL
● Cell Biology: Cell Culture
● Molecular Biology: PCR
● Protein Biology: Protein Quantification (BCA Assay), Protein Extraction and Preparation (FASP), SDS-Page, Gel Electrophoresis, Western Blot, Peptide Fractionation
● Genetics: DNA Quantification (Nanodrop), DNA Isolation (ES Lysis Buffer Method)
● Animal Models: Mouse monitoring, mouse dissection (brain)
● Instrumentation: MALDI-MS, LC-MS, Clinical Analyzers
● Computer: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Google Tools (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs/Sheet), OriginPro, Databases
PROFESSIONAL & RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
Scientist I, Formulations, Feb 2018 – Present
Clinical Diagnostics Division, Fremont, CA
• Manufacture in-vitro diagnostic products (controls and calibrators of MAS, DRI, CEDIA and QMS product lines).
• Review, approve, and complete batch records according to SOPs and launch non-conformance reports when required.
• Assist in modifying SOPS, work instructions and reports.
• Propose changes to processes, environment or equipment.
• Ensure compliance with cGMP, GDP, Quality System regulations, FDA, and ISO regulations.
• Cooperate in a 6S group that meets weekly and ensures cleanliness and safety within the formulation lab.
• Meet expected delivery dates for assigned and individual work orders.
• Perform assays using clinical analyzers Beckman Access, Beckman Coulter AU Series, Dimension RxL, Dimension Vista, Immulite, Abbott Architect, Roche Elecys, Beckman Coulter Immage, Hitachi 917, Hitachi 717, and Kryptor.
• Review and analyze data.
• Weigh, transfer, and mix chemicals.
• Perform product filtrations.
• Conduct a communication line with department lead or manager on all issues.
• Maintain inventory of lab supplies.
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Cologna Group), May 2017 – Dec 2017
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
● Responsible mainly for all aspects of mammalian cell culture, specifically human cell lines from disease patient sources, which included media and buffer preparation, culture initiation, generation, cell cryopreservation, and cell pellet formation.
● Ensured standard procedures related to mammalian cell culture, aseptic techniques, and conservation of cell culture containment systems.
● Completed general laboratory tasks: such as maintenance of equipment, hoods, and a sanitary work area; organizing solvents; and preparing mixtures/buffers.
● Managed a laboratory notebook that includes recording experimental procedures and all data (quantitative, qualitative, and spectra) associated with mentioned methods.
● Collaborated efficiently with assigned graduate student and other research staff in the lab for designated research project on a daily basis and in joint weekly lab meetings.
Chemical Waste Technician, Oct 2015 – Dec 2017
Environmental Health and Safety, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
● Removed chemical waste from labs in University of Illinois Hospital and Health Science System, University of Illinois Pharmacy, and University of Illinois at Chicago East and West Campuses.
● Ensured proper safety precautions when removing and storing chemicals (e.g. proper wear, undamaged and closed containers, correct chemicals).
● Complied with prescribed safety procedures and Federal laws regulating waste storage methods.
● Drove trucks and operate heavy equipment to transport contaminated waste to designated facility.
● Operated machines and equipment to remove, package, store, or transport loads of waste materials.
● Loaded and unloaded materials into containers and trucks, using hoists, carts, dollies.
● Recorded numbers of containers stored at on site facility, specifying amounts and types of equipment or waste disposed.
● Wore protective HAZMAT suits and respirator masks to bulk solvents into 55-gallon drums for disposal shipments
● Inputted chemical removal requests made by Principal Investigators containing chemical names, percentages of components in a mixture, volume, number of containers, CAS numbers, facility storage codes, and EPA codes into the department’s OnSite database.
● Classified each chemical or mixture using EPA RCRA codes.
Seasonal Food Service Associate, Sep 2014 - Dec 2015
Brookfield Zoo, Brookfield, IL
● Served food, beverages, or desserts to customers in such settings as take-out counters of restaurants.
● Prepared bills for food, using cash registers, calculators, and accept payment or make change.
● Cooked food or prepared food items, such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream dishes, using standard formulas or following directions.
● Prepared Starbucks beverages.
● Balanced receipts and payments in cash registers.
● Performed cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and washing dishes to keep equipment and facilities sanitary.
● Replenished foods at serving stations.
● Lifted heavy materials.
● Operated heavy machinery.
● Worked efficiently as a crew member.
HONORS & AWARDS
● Trustee Honors Scholarship (Triton College)
● Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research Award (University of Illinois at Chicago)
● UIC Dean’s List
● Spanish (limited)
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about physics lessons?
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$21||$21|