My pedagogical practice stems from Big Picture Learning. Through the BP lens, students have the opportunity to identify how their learning will assist them in the real world.
I target learning areas by scaffolding my lessons through backward mapping. We look at what is needed for the end result and tailor the learning to meet those specific needs together.
I am of the belief that slower is better. If students are given the time to delve deeper into the lessons, the learning becomes more meaningful and significant.
I am a Secondary Teacher with a broad background in the areas of Business, Academics, Teaching, and Life Coaching.
I hold a Bachelor of Commerce, a Masters or Business Administration (MBA) and a Graduate Diploma in Education (Grad DipEd).
I teach full time through the week and enjoy tutoring part time. I am happy to help students of all stages, including primary, secondary, TAFE and Uni.
Academic tutoring areas include;
•English - reading, writing, essay and report style writing, story writing and narratives
•Maths - specialising in years 3-9
•History, Humanities, Geography, Civics.
•Real World Preparation - resume writing, cover letter composure, interview preparation, providing letters of recommendation.
•Life Coaching - skills and knowledge, direction orientation, career advice, future profession.
An enthusiastic, ambitious, goal-oriented woman, eager to contribute teaching skills, business knowledge and leadership qualities for continuously successful, strategic, and positive results. I am a driven team player with exceptional communication and relationship building skills. I believe in giving people the best quality of education and feel I can assist in providing this to our young Australians.
Strong Work Ethic Self-Management Skills Reliable
Student Focused Building Relationships Compassionate Tactful and Articulate Strong Moral Compass Reflective Problem Solving Skills Leadership Qualities Strong Moral Compass Attention to Detail Team Player Interpersonal Skills
Master of Business Administration (MBA) February 2016 –November 2018
Australian Catholic University
North Sydney, Australia
Bachelor of Commerce (Major in HRM) February 2011 - November 2012
Australian Catholic University (ACU)
North Sydney, Australia
Diploma of Human Resources Management August 2010 - December 2010
TAFE - Ultimo Campus Sydney, Australia
Certificate IV of Human Resources Management February 2010 - July 2010
TAFE - Ultimo Campus
Secondary Teacher January 2019 – Present
- Personalised Project Development
Life Coach February 2013 - present
Relief Teacher July 2018 – Dec 2018
Siena Catholic College
& Coolum Beach Cristian College
Sunshine Coast, QLD
Relief teaching in areas such as;
Contract Teacher April 2018 – July 2018
Siena Catholic College
Sippy Downs, QLD
Pre-Service Teacher Practical Placement 3rd October 2017 – 14th November 2017
Meriden State College – Little Mountain, QLD
• Taught year 10 & 12 vocational mathematics
• Taught for year 11 Certificate II & year 12 Certificate III in Business Studies
Pre-Service Teacher Practical Placement 9th May 2017 - 20th June 2017
Siena Catholic College - Sippy Downs, QLD
• Classes taught include 8 ICDT, 9BUS, 10BUS, 11BCT, 12 Cert III, & 9HUM
• Planned and facilitated full and extended lessons for;
• 9HUM weapons and trench conditions of WW1
• 11BCT writing a Featured Article
• 9BUS budgeting for a car and a holiday
• 9BUS structuring a report
Key Achievements and Accomplishments
• Took over classes for Year 9 Business and Year 9 Humanities
• Proven results in raising writing and literacy levels by 2-3 points through developing my own extra written components which were added to the Humanities lessons, focusing on weapons and trench conditions in WW1.
Human Resources Advisor November 2015 – January 2018
Apollo Applied Research - Toronto, ON, Canada
• Remote position
• Plan and coordinate all recruitment activities
• Liaise with department managers in order to define specifics for job roles
• Develop all recruitment guidelines and new responsibilities related to selection procedures such as developing interview questions, skills tests, and writing exercises
• Handle all IR related issues
• Compose and implement company policies.
• Educate all management on all equal employment opportunity guidelines
• Design and place advertisements to ensure that applicant pools are large and diverse
• Respond to applicant inquiries both orally and in writing
• Reviewed employment files to verify minimum qualifications for position are met
• Compile, monitor, and track all recruitment activity and statistics
• Identify initial salary placement
• Coordinate training for new and existing employees
Key Achievements and Accomplishments at Apollo Applied Research
• Key player in company expansion. Currently hiring for second office location.
• Restructuring existing departments, placing current employees in more suitable positions.
• Developed and wrote all company policies, orientation procedures, and training processes for new employees.
HR Administrator February 2013 - December 2014
Order In - Sydney, NSW, Australia
• Highly diversified role, managing multiple aspects of multiple departments
• Ensuring prompt and efficient support to the Managing Director and management team
• Control and management of sensitive information within the organisation
• Management, response and distribution of both internal and external Company enquiries
• Timely distribution of all office communications
• Analysis of all feedback data and detailed management of information
• Management of client communications for updated marketing
• High involvement in catering menu creation, across multiple levels of service
• Held responsibilities as client/supplier liaison, ensuring all stakeholder’s needs were exceeded
Key Achievements and Accomplishments at Order In
• Creating advertisements and appropriate marketing to attract new staff.
• Organized and facilitated entire office move in December 2013.
• Key player in marketing and design of new company website.
Human Resources September 2011 – November 2012
& Organisational Development Intern
PGi Premier Global Services – Sydney, NSW, Australia
• Internship in the organizational development department of a large IT firm
• This was an amazing opportunity to learn how the OD department of such a large company functions what they add to the organisation
• Shadowed OD Manager for first two weeks and then began contributing as an employee
Key Achievements and Accomplishments at PGi Premier Global Services
• Created and facilitated training and self-development seminars on internal barriers.
• Coordinated a 360 review amongst the HR and sales departments.
• Organised candidate interviews, recruitment, and assisted in selection process.
• Prepared company-wide engagement survey for the APAC region.
• Assisted in bringing Citi Bank on as a supplier of employee benefits program.
• Researched and developed an HR based needs analysis for sales and marketing.
• Researched and laid the ground work for PGi’s organisational development for 2012/2013.
• Assisted Talent Team in creating new induction program for graduates in APAC region.
• Created and facilitated training and development seminars on mindfulness in the workplace.
WORK EXPERIENCE CONTINUED
Senior Sales and Styling Consultant/Acting Manager May 2010 - July 2012 Karen Millen England - Sydney, Australia
• Completed store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employee tasks/sales targets.
• Maintained store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training now employees.
• Created long lasting relationships with clients through assisting them seasonally with wardrobe
• Executed pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities with head office and key account
managers; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales.
• Studied employee trends and transformed data into organizational practices.
• Assisted VM team with marketing merchandise by implementing sales promotion, and display
Key Achievements at Karen Millen England
• Created and maintained key clientele throughout
• Exceeded targeted budgets
• Appointed as Acting Manager
Highly recommend Kimberley. Not only is she personable, she is very professional, reliable and knowledgeable. There are very few tutors that take the time to build a rapport with children the way she does which we found in turn helps her to understand the children's needs so they are able to learn maximising the investment of the service she provides.
I could not recommend Kimberly enough. She is a fantastic teacher and i was very lucky to find her
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with school support lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about teaching methodology lessons?
Taking school coaching lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|