My teaching methods are geared to individual or group needs - I have trained from btec level to degree/masters level, from entry level to Director and use a range of presentations, exercises, case studies as necessary. In my most recent project, (performance management) I worked with the group to develop their learning objectives from scratch, so the course was tailored to the group which also had an action plan of what to do next once the participants had left the course.
I have a Business studies degree and MBA and have used it in marketing consulting, corporate finance, marketing/financial management in the corporate sector before setting up my own business and helping others as a cofounder. I have also been a trainer on finance for non finance managers, startups, strategy, marketing, innovation and sales
Adrian Smith, BA (Hons), MBA has an interesting mix of academic training, and consulting and management experience before starting his own training and consulting company. His training programmes are based on his experiences from 6 years of professional training at the universities of Bournemouth, Kent and the ESC Reims, professional working experience as a marketing consultant, corporate finance executive working on merger and acquisition assignments and a marketing and finance manager in the corporate world. He is a published author, having written a book on buying and selling businesses. He has lectured and run training programmes on a BTEC (equivalent to A-level and IB), a master’s degree in business creation, an MBA and courses in marketing and finance for overseas business managers, and Nigerian civil servants and senators.
FORECASTING AND BUDGETING TRAINING PROGRAMME
Adrian has financial experience as a non-accountant which gives him the ability to explain financial techniques, tools and terms to a non technical audience. He has built his training programmes from the experience of running a department of a market research consultancy with full profit and loss responsibility, working on marketing forecasts when advising clients (from start-ups looking for investors, to established technology companies looking to develop a better understanding of the potential demand for future product and services propositions .
PROBLEM SOLVING TRAINING PROGRAMME
Adrian has developed a training programme based on his experience as a consultant, analysis and manager in addition to the work he has done in his own business. Adrian acted as an internal consultant when working in the corporate sector, collecting information and analysing situations and presenting recommendations to vice president level management. More recently, as an innovation consultant with small and medium sized businesses and start-ups, Adrian has worked with clients helping them assess their ideas and plan future activities with them. As part of this work, he is the co-creator of an innovation assessment tool, currently in beta testing, which will form part of the training programme.
MARKETING AND FINANCE COURSES
Adrian has a range of marketing and finance courses developed for audiences from BTEC to Masters Degrees and continuing training for middle and senior management.
BUSINESS STARTUP AND EXIT PLANNING COURSES
Adrian has a range of training courses to help both aspiring startup entrepreneurs and existing business owners increase the value of their businesses and develop the most appropriate process for selling their companies.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE TO DATE
2005- MD and Founder - Gwlad Coutney.
• Training programmes on marketing, finance, general business awareness and start-ups
• Advisory work for start-ups. Developing strategy, finding partners and funding
• Strategic support for SMEs.
• Sales mandates and advisory work on increasing the value of companies prior to trade sale.
2004- 2005 BUSINESS MANAGER – EUROPE AND ASIA – RS/ Cybiom (Contract)
• Six sigma and process improvement consulting and training,
• Overall management of consulting operations across Europe and Asia,
• Measurement and analysis of performance against set targets
2002-2003 MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – North EMEA - Galileo/Cendant
• IT/Telecoms services for the travel sector.
• Running marketing programmes for technology solutions in the travel sector to support the yearly business plan
• Also responsible for identification of tenders, acquisition and joint venture opportunities.
• Sales and market trends forecasting
2001 -2002 FOUNDER AND MARKETING DIRECTOR, Ipecom Ltd. EMEA
• B2C Marketing Services Company.
• The assets were sold to a marketing company.
1998 - 2000 CORPORATE FINANCE ASSOCIATE Regent Associates/Communications Equity Associates.
• Business Development, lead generation and support for executives on merger and acquisition mandates.
1995- 1998 SENIOR MARKETING CONSULTING MANAGER, Romtec plc.
Outsourced Marketing services for the Information and Communication Technology Industry.
• Responsible for developing a business plan for own department, business development, account management for consulting and marketing services for IT, Telecoms and Internet clients.
• Responsible for market trends, forecasting and competitive intelligence consulting,
• Ran consulting projects, helping companies assess the demand for future products.
1993-1994 MBA (European) Canterbury Business School, UK. And the Ecole Superieure de Commerce, Reims, France
1987-1991 BA (Honours) Business Studies Bournemouth University, UK
business management lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with management lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about finance lessons?
Taking marketing lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$46||$37|
|5 hours||Not available||$165||$183|
|10 hours||Not available||$146||$366|