My teaching method is to find the points of struggle within a group or of an individual and focus on teaching the main foundation that was not understood so that the further development of their knowledge in the subject is possible. I keep my students engaged with different study methods and approaches to the subject so that they can find a way to fully understand the subject.
A regular lesson plan would consist of making the student/s do a small test so that I can identify why they are struggling and then explain the answer in several different ways to ensure that students fully understand.
My philosophy when it comes to teaching is to always be optimistic, after all every student has the ability to understand and succeed.
I am a high school student and have been tutoring for several years of my life and excel in all core subjects (Mathematics, Science, English, etc.). I have participated in many conferences and competitions surrounding these subjects held by organisations such as James Cook University.
Subjects are to be paid for separately.
If you schedule a session the day before its date a fee of $8 dollars must be paid.
Private Tutor (English and Science)
Company: Private employer
Employment length: 21st March 2018 – 19th August 2018
Group Tutor (Mathematics)
Company: Private employers
Employment length: 12th June 2018 – 7th February 2019
During these jobs I:
• Tracked progress to identify opportunities to alter tutoring methods and help students achieve their goals.
• Taught basic math and essay writing concepts to students ranging from the 1 to 6 grade.
• Integrated technology into sessions to further enhance student learning.
• Prepared lesson plans to meet the goals identified in students' individualised study plans.
• Encouraged development of learning skills in addition to subject knowledge.
• Responded to email and telephone requests for assistance with specific questions.
• Provided early intervention assistance to struggling students not yet considered behind.
• Crafted effective learning plans to address students' weaknesses and strengths.
• Personally created study plans with worksheets for those struggling.
• Encouraged my students to reach out to me if struggling.
• Took into consideration not only individuals goals but their learning style to customise strategies for them as individuals.
academic tutoring lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|