My objective is to help your child improve their grades while having fun!
My lesson structure:
1. An in-depth explanation on the topic
2. Some practise questions to solidify your child's understanding
3. A visual summary of the topic, for example mind maps or flowcharts
4. Any additional questions/problems that your child may have
Overall, I want to share my passion for learning, strengthen their skills and broaden their knowledge.
I’m currently a grade 11 student on a 25% music scholarship studying at St Aidans Anglican Girls School.
I excel in maths and chemistry, notably achieving two 100% on two math tests in a row. I was invited to a UQ math workshop where like-minded students got together every Wednesday afternoon to look over difficult math questions and discuss them with UQ professors. I believe this experience has given me the skillset to tutor younger students and help improve their grades.
I’ve always achieved an academic award every semester and my GPA is an A (82.89) currently.
Relevant working experience:
- Tour Guide for St Aidans Open day in which I answered questions and promoted our school to interested parents and guardians
- I've already tutored family friends and siblings in numerous subjects and piano (math, english, science) to improve their grades
- Volunteering next week at the Meals for Wheels charity
- 40% scholarship to Somerville House (grade 7-9)
- 25% scholarship to St Aidans (10-now)
- Achieved my AmusA in piano
- participated in band for three years and was the second pianist in Somerville House's 'The Little Mermaid' musical
- Senior A's for Basketball and Debating
- Achieved a distinction in the BuySmart competition
- Been awarded numerous prizes (8 first places, 6 second places, 3 third places) in the Gold Coast/Brisbane Eisteddfods for piano
- Currently working towards my Silver Duke of Edinburgh International award
Esther is a close friend that has constantly proven that she is capable of helping me with subjects during our regular study groups, regardless of her skill level especially Maths Methods. I highly recommend Esther as she has strong abilities when it comes to tutoring others.
Esther and I met after I heard her playing at one of those communal pianos they set up in the city. her performance almost brought me to tears. I'm a music major myself but I have never thought to explore the possibilities of piano until now. Let me tell you these have been the best three months of lessons I have ever had the joy to attend. I highly recommend her for anyone looking to pick up the piano and build prior knowledge as her smooth running classes range from beginners to advanced with her understanding and motivational teaching style.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about chemistry lessons?
Taking science lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$25||Not available||$25|