I can focus on anything the students need the most and what subjects and skills areas they want. Usually, I warm students up to get them interested in the topic or skill, then present something and or practise it. Finally, we use what we have covered more freely.
I have been teaching English as a second language for 20 years in many countries. I have mostly taught prospective university students. I recently graduated with a post-graduate certificate in Education majoring in TESOL subjects. I also have CELTA. I have a website dedicated to grammar too.
• 1991-1992 completed half a Bachelor of Education. Majored in English & Art.
• 1994-1995 received my Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts.
• 2003 received my Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults.
• 2019 - 2020 Graduate certificate Education (Most units are in TESOL) QUT.
• 2000-2001 (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Tokyo, Japan Nova.
• 2001-2002 (TESOL) Tokyo, Japan Berlitz.
• 2002 (TESOL) Berlin, Germany Berlitz.
• 2003-2006 (TESOL) Institute of Continuing & TESOL Education - University of Queensland, Australia.
• 2007-2011 (TESOL) Queensland University of Technology – International College, Australia.
• 2011 - 2012 (TESOL) Chonburi, Thailand at a primary school, Aksorn.
• 2012 -> 2020 (TESOL) QUTIC, Australia.
• I also speak Macedonian fluently because of my parents.
• I lived in Germany for about a year, so I can speak basic German. I also studied it a little.
• Growing my Local Learner Corpus project which is about automating students’ writing feedback against the CEFR’s English Profile.
• Working on grammar and vocabulary complexity checking software on my blog (concealed information)
He is my first English teacher in my life.
Spend a good time together. Great guy.
Finally got TOEIC 935 score which assist me to join international company.
I have worked with John over many years at both UQ and QUT. John has the gift for engaging students of English at all levels of proficiency. He is a patient, kind and caring teacher who has a passion for motivating and assisting students achieve their aims. John is an effective teacher at all levels of proficiency and age groups. He is well versed in the unique challenges faced by specific learners from a range of cultural/linguistic backgrounds. If you are lucky enough to get John as your teacher, then you've struck gold.
I have known John for quite a number of years and can vouch for the fact that he is an extremely caring, talented English teacher who I would highly recommend for anyone looking for help with ESL.
John and I worked together for over two years at a university English centre. Some thoughts that come to mind when I think of John as a teacher and colleague: deeply committed to helping his students’ learning; incredibly caring and inclusive of everyone in his classes; principled and reasonable; curious and thoughtful; able to adapt to the demands of a busy college environment; open to new perspectives; willing to try new technologies, and to explore their opportunities to help students get the most out of them; calm, patient and consistent.
I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to work alongside John, particularly in 2017 when he was breaking ground in combining project-based learning, OneNote, and portfolio assessment to thoroughly challenge and stimulate his Advanced General English class. He encouraged his students to produce linguistically very sophisticated work and also generously shared what he learnt with his colleagues in a range of ways, including running PD sessions.
It was for all these reasons that I nominated John for a performance award in 2017.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|