My approach is to find the best activities to suit my students' needs and includes individual's self-assessment of individual strengths and weaknesses in 4 skills. This will inform my teaching and allow the focus on particular skills requiring more attention.
I am TESOL qualified with BA/Dip Ed in ESL and Graduate Diploma in TESOL and more than 15 years experience teaching international students and migrants in Sydney. I have taught EAP Direct Entry courses and Preparation for IELTS courses .
When teaching Preparation for IELTS/Cambridge and PTE, I would prefer to set a slightly higher tuition fee of 35 dollars per hour (incl. practicing strategies and mock tests for all 4 skills, and all resources provided).
BA with the Diploma of Education, Macquarie University, Sydney 1997
Graduate Diploma in TESOL, University of Technology 2012
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, MRWED (upgraded) 2013
ELICOS and EAP courses:
EAP teacher, EAP Adv Direct Entry Course, IIBIT, Fed University Apr –Jul 2018
EAP teacher, University Entry Course, Global UNSW 2016- 2018
GE (Up-Int) and IELTS Prep teacher, Barton Intern College 2016-2017
CSWE III/IV Trainer, Lonsdale Institute, 3 months relief Apr-Aug 2016
• Taught and assessed EFS/ EFW- CSWE III and IV classes using Blended Learning
Academic teacher, Foundation Studies, Global UNSW Term 4, 2015
GE teacher: Up-Interm Class, Academy of English, IIBIT Aug – Sep 2015
ELICOS teacher, Advance English College Jul 2012-Aug 2013
• Taught GE elementary to upper-intermediate
• Developed new outcome based assessments
• Participated in curriculum development, created resources for educational excursions
Academic tutor, UTS, IT faculty, Communication for IT Professionals 2011
• Facilitated successful delivery of the course group presentations
• Provided timely feedback to students, used online databases for record keeping
• Participated in moderation sessions with other Academic tutors at ELLSA
ELICOS/EAP teacher (full-time), Meridian International School - 2006 – 2007
• Taught English for Academic Purposes including study skills
• Taught General English, Preparation for High School in EAP term breaks
ELICOS teacher (full-time), Lloyds International College 2000-2005
• Taught General English, Preparation for IELTS
• Developed supplementary and self-study materials
• Responsible for Learning Centre supervision and resources development
ELICOS teacher, Sydney College of Technology, Burwood 1998- 2000
• Taught GE - all levels
• Assisted in preparation of self-study area and its resources for NEAS accreditation
Prior to studying TESOL, I completed 2 Tour Guiding courses in my native country, Ukraine and then in Sydney and worked casually at Flair View Travel using my bilingual skills ( Russian/English) and the knowledge of Australian history in general and Sydney's architecture and culture in particular. Later I was able to transfer these skills into my General English lessons.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with oral expression - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about vocabulary - english lessons?
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|