My specialty is logical thinking and self-renovation since I had been to bottom 10% and became 0.1% of class. Teaching students to improve themselves work 100%, it demands a lot but very much worth it for one's whole life. Mathematics, of course, it is my area but it is just one of my tools to make students beneficial.
Hi, this is Paul and I am a passionate and challenging math tutor. I have been involved in high-end math students, 90% specialists and Math Major students, with compatibility to lower levels. Full of knowledge and experienced strategy to improve self-development skills are my expertise, as I climbed from bottom 40% at Year 10 top 0.1% in University level.
I have taught in different professional organisation;
- Australian National University, Peer Assisted Learning Senior Mentor in Mathematics (2011 - 2013)
- Tutoring for Excellence , Mathematics Tutor for College and University students. (2016 - 2017)
- Private tutoring, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English Tutor (2009 - 2017) .
To achieve a professional tutor position where it is perfect to utilise my genuine passion towards teaching and many years of advanced experiences in tutoring various ranged students.
2. Professional/work experience:
Tutoring For Excellence
Math Tutor for College and University students 2016-2017
• Create an enthusiastic conversation and invitation towards finding needs of students of competitive college and University.
• Lay out vast overview of teaching materials and time schedule according to student's working load.
• Conduct effective and intense teaching sessions based on pre-existing materials or designed set of questions upon request.
• Preparing a specialised strategy for any given assessments.
• Consulting students and their parents for their concerns in future and resolving stress-causing problems with relevant resources.
Deputy Head of Education Department 2016-2017
• Invent mission statements for education units; Discipleship training, Bible study for University students, young adults and seniors.
• Build suitable and flexible curriculums for different ethnic and academic levels of members.
• Consult and challenge members to reveal their genuine interests and potentials through professional knowledge of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator tests and assigning an appropriate counsellor from Counselling Department.
• Professional communication and documenting skills for inter-department cooperation in the same organisation.
• Review to improve education activities qualities through information from over 80 members and 15 responsible teachers.
• Establish leadership to continually train and support 15 committees in a great responsibility.
Math/ Science/ English Tutor 2009 – Present
• Help students to build their own study plan and encourage to keep up with their hard working study habits.
• Identify weakness and strengths on each subject by running a test.
• Provide a sufficient and insightful guideline to finish student’s assessments and push them for a desired goal.
• Illustrate important concepts of mathematics and physics in an understandable analogy from a perspective of students.
• Introduce a personality and interests tests to reveal students’ genuine passion and talents.
ANU Peer Assisted Learning Mentor
Senior Math Mentor 2011 - 2013
• Advertised to motivate students to realise their own needs and encouraged to join a 1-hour teaching session.
• Facilitated an educational session, which opened to all student of a particular course. More than 8 students voluntarily attended each 1-hour session in average.
• Identified needs of the students and Designed a teaching session with creative activities to fulfil identified goals.
• Trained junior mentors, the training includes; efficiently sharing and accessing a common resources among seniors, facilitating training session attending more than 40 new mentors, continual training on how to plan and facilitate a teaching session and variety of brain-storming meetings.
• Accounted information and observations to translate into a practical meaning of needs and problems.
Sales Manager (2014-2015); Cleaning Staff (2014-2015); Youth Ministry Leader (2011-2012); Waiter (2010-2011); Trolley worker (2010-2010)
• Graduate Diploma of Relational Counselling - Australian College of Christianity
o Conducted 80+ hours of Counselling sessions over 3 years
o Graduated in 2019
• Bachelor of Engineering/ IT (Advanced) – Australian National University
o Average in High Distinction
• Narrabundah College
o ATAR 95
o Graduated in 2011
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about physics lessons?
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$25|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$250|