- Combining the cultural background with the language teaching is the most important thing that I believe. By showing my life experience in different countries, students will be able to understand why Chinese and Japanese talk in that way. That's how to become an authentic foreign language speaker.
- Meanwhile, I will also set up the study goal with students and focus on the particular aspect accordingly. For example, for students who want to pass the language exam, the practice for various types of questions will be the main content of the class. In contrast, oral practicing will be the main topic if students want to be able to speak fluently.
I have strong cross-cultural understanding and knowledge, a quality that I believe is vital in language teaching. I grew up in China and moved to Japan after graduating from high school. In addition to English, I am also fluent in both Chinese and Japanese and have a deep understanding of the two different cultures.
Additionally, I have had extensive work experience. My background experience includes previous paid employment for a Japanese telecommunication tester vendor for almost three years in Tokyo including roles as the China-oriented sales representative. In order to expand our market share more efficiently, I took on the role of organizing our market strategy. This included responsibilities such as managing local distributors and arranging and maximizing limited resources to meet customer requirements. The most difficult part of the role was communication between different cultures. To manage this challenge, I used my high level of communication skills and linguistic abilities, as well as my high-level understanding of Chinese and Japanese cultures to implement beneficial marketing activities. In addition, I was in charge of translating technical materials and interpreting for international meetings.
• Sales of telecommunication testers and IP network devices to Research & Development departments of telecommunication operators and mobile vendors, and Information System departments of major corporations.
• Managed resellers in China including on sales status, customer feedback and marketing activities.
• Organised marketing strategies to promote products and services by following and integrating the latest technology trends and customers’ testing needs.
• Coordinated customers’ requirements and internal resources to bridge the gap in China-oriented sales and increased business by incorporating my understanding of Chinese and Japanese corporate and economic cultures.
• Provided internal interpreter services for conference calls and translations of sales and technical materials relating to complex IT products.
• In charge of customer service and display of company goods. Due to large improvements in the store environment, my method of display was elected as the model for products arrangement in the store.
• Awarded as the weekly top crew for the new subscriber promotion of Lawson point card, with a record of 30 new subscribers in a week.
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE OR LEADERSHIP - ANU COLLEGE
• Assisting the Campus Bursar and the Volunteer Leader in organizing various campus activities.
• Organizing function rooms and catering for planned events.
• Assisting in developing and promoting scheduled student activities.
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE OR LEADERSHIP - MARYMEAD
• Assisting event management and fundraising activities.
• Contributions including self-made materials for organization advertisement and $10 food voucher for the fundraising event.
chinese lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with mandarin lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral expression - chinese lessons?
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$28||Not available|