My lectures will benefit anyone with A-levels and above, the lectures are prepared at BTEC (NHD) &BA levels. I am also applying blended learning into my lecture's structure so videos, quizzes and student input (individual/group work) with promotion of inclusivity.
I have MSc degree in Hospitality Management and I am qualified HE Teacher. I have worked within hospitality and Leisure for past 20 years,I have supported professional development for last 10 years. I teach in HE for past 4 years. My subjects of expertise are: management, entrepreneurship, human resources, hospitality and professional and personal development. I am qualified Assoc CIPD and I have years of experience in supporting people in their professional development journey
Flat Tariff. Cancellation accepted via e-mail 48 hrs prior to the lesson
Learning and Development Consultant. Freelance
• Providing expertise and recommendations in fields of L&D, career development, coaching, mentoring. Analyzing knowledge gaps vs various KPIs, making recommendations for behavioral change, staff development, talent succession and retention for organisations and individuals.
University of Essex. Hotel Management School. Colchester
April 2013-October 2017
• Taught and mentored undergraduate students
• Module leader for Human Resource Management, Continuous Professional Development, Legislation in Hospitality and Strategic Management modules
• Designed e-learning content for undergraduate hotel management and events management students and internally for the school staff. Liaised with external training providers where required and having sole responsibility for design and delivery of induction session to the students and new hired staff
• Presented achievements of hotel management department at Annual Good Teaching Practice Conference 2017.
• Created assessment and feedback sheets, student competency reports and materials supporting learning. Embedded them online as part of curriculum development
• Used various learning technologies in teaching at the expert level: VLE platforms (Moodle), marking system Faser, creating training videos and embedding them into the learning space with support of social media channels, designing tutorials (by using Sangit and Camtasia software), making learning exciting by application of gamification (i.e. Kahoot!). Research and application of new software and solutions which can complement pre-existing, text-only based, learning content i.e. polls and whiteboards (Poll Everywhere, AnswerGarden, Padlet)
• Identified new learning trends and application of technology enhanced learning TEL
• Assessed, marked assignments. Wrote assignment briefs. Created schemes of work and module guides. Supervised dissertations.
• Provided one to one career coaching to the students regarding their career progression and existing opportunities on the job market
• Managed networking internally with other departments of University of Essex and externally with commercial organisations, other hospitality schools and L&D professionals
• Organised developmental seminars i.e. webinars, industry visits, workshops and seminars.
• Supported fellow colleagues in using learning technologies, running tutorials on how to use different solutions in supporting and application of inclusive learning
Talent Development Managing Officer (Maternity cover)
Holiday Inn Regents Park****, London
March 2012- March 2013
• Developed and implemented recruitment and coaching management training with follow up of in-departments coaching sessions ran with HOD’s
• Developed training and development strategy for the property and linked it into existing appraisal systems and staff CPD program
• Revised of e-learning modules and embedding technology to existing context (video, audio, podcasts, storyboards, surveys and quizzes etc.)
• Delivered of train the trainer to heads of departments which covered topics such as: successful communication, 360˚ feedback, planning and self-management, customer satisfaction etc.
• Attended training, learning and developmental conferences and networking with key contacts (Training, LMS and Technology providers)
• Liaised with external training suppliers
• Created contacts with educational institutions
Senior HR and L&D Specialist
Sheraton Sopot Hotel Conference Centre and Spa, Poland
February 2009 – February 2012
• Designed and delivered monthly induction for new starters
• Analysed L&D and HR metrics.
• Designed strategies to improve talent retention (i.e. benefit packages for various levels of staff), staff engagement (employee awards, annual calendar of events, have your say programme) etc.
• Worked with departmental supervisors on annual training calendar across all departments
• Responsible for identification of knowledge gaps across and planning developmental strategy. Working with 3rd party training providers and responsible for creating content to in-house training system
• Created online content in the virtual learning environment and looking for new trends in L&D
• Managed full recruitment cycle of permanent and temporary staff recruitment, working with external recruiting agencies
• Assisted HR Manager with managing data in HR and LM systems, monitored discrepancies as well as supported in dealings with performance management matters and staff recruitment
Carnival Cruise Line, United States
March 2007 –January 2009
• Designed great numbers of on the job training sessions (known as two minutes training), as part of re-branding project, across operational departments
• Advised management regarding learning opportunities, staff CPD and the relevant T&D procedures
• Head Trainer for the CCL management college programme
• Conducted learning needs analysis, identifying knowledge gaps, planning, designing and delivering training Tailoring specific training programs to meet business strategic needs.
• Assessed training effectiveness by analyzing different metrics: ROI, staff satisfaction survey, training attendance etc.
• Based on working in partnership with HOD’s, implemented new and updated existing procedures.
• Project Managed of “service satisfaction survey” which was later implemented fleet-wise.
• Consulted management team in principles of establishing individual development plans.
• Frequently travelled across the fleet of 25 cruise ships
Training and qualifications:
• Running Webinars- CiPD course (2018)
• CiPD L5 Certificate in Learning & Development Practice (2016)
• Level 3 in education and training (2014)
• IOSH certified in health and safety (2014)
• 2017-2018 PGCHEP (Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Practice) University of Essex.
• 2003 MSc in Business Management, Gdynia Maritime University
• 2001 BSc in Hotel Management, Gdynia Maritime University
career coaching lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with professional coaching lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about leadership lessons?
Taking job searching lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$54||$49|
|5 hours||Not available||$47||$244|
|10 hours||Not available||$45||$488|