- Hourly rate $30
- Response Time 24h
- Number of students 4
1st lesson free!
University of Melbourne graduate keen to teach anyone English as a second language (ONLINE)
About the lesson
Our classes will focus on carrying conversations. Grammar, vocabulary. and pronunciation will follow within the context of the class topic.
Each class will revolve around a topic and can be segmented into
- Conversation and introduction about the topic
- Pronunciation, comprehension, and vocabulary based on a text, video, or audio
- Depending on the student's level, I could introduce basic grammar, idioms, or phrases related to the topic
- Finally, a verbal summary of the lesson by the student
If there is any particular topic the student is looking to learn, I am happy to create my lesson content around it :)
- English speaking
- English reading
- All Levels
Since earlier in the year, I've been teaching students online from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. From children, working adults or stay-at-home parents with varying levels of English.
- Brief experience in teaching English to high school students in Cambodia.
- Obtained an overall Score of 90 (85+ for each skill) in the PTE exam within my first attempt.
- Received a Bachelors of Arts degree from the University of Melbourne, majoring in Psychology.
Perfect! Can't say thank enough to Catherin as she made my son felt more confidence in English. Catherin is so dedicated to teaching. My son always looked forward to the session. I highly recommend Catherin if you would like your kids to learn English as second language
- Catherin's response : We've been having classes for the past half-year and Poon has been a delight to teach. He truly has the spirit to learn and creating lesson plans for him has always been a delight.
See more reviews
Catherine was one of my colleagues in Jenesana International School. She demonstrated outstanding english teaching capabilities as well as a hard working attitude. Meanwhile, she was responsible to the students throughout her teaching.
I have known Catherin for several years as we completed our undergraduate degrees together. She is a very intelligent and dependable person. Furthermore, Catherin has fantastic English skills and personal experience taking the PTE exam, so you will be in very capable hands. I believe that as a tutor, she will be relaxed, friendly, and patient towards all of her students.
I've known Catherin since we met in Cambodia when she was joining one of the projects I was in. She is a really passionate person with a true learning soul. She's really good at teaching and has taught English to students in one of the schools in Cambodia. She's always eager to learn, trying to solve everything in a perfect way. She's always smiling, kind and patient. She is a great teacher, because I've seen how her students really like the way she teaches. She never gives up and always tries her best whenever she takes action to do something. One thing that amazes me about her is, she will never let her friends feel hurt because she is a warm-hearted person with a humble personality.
View more recommendations
- 5h: $120
- 10h: $220