I believe teaching and learning is all about finding what works for the individual. My classes will be tailored to the student depending on how they work best. I also believe in using a variety of different delivery methods, I always find people learn best when they have access to not only written and verbal material, but visual, interactive, online and offline tasks as well as lots of real world examples and applications.
I am a Biologist with a Bachelor in Sciences (Biology), I am currently completing my Honours at the University of Sydney looking at how different plants and combinations of plants influence pollinator behaviour. I love all things science and one of my main passions is Science Communication. I have experience in doing school visits and presentations, teaching the classes all about pollinators. I also have experience working at Science Space where I would take school groups, parties and the general public around the centre teaching them about our various exhibitions.
Travel charge will vary with distance, never exceeding $10
Cancellation policy: Please cancel not later than 24 hours prior or cancellation fee of 50% will apply - this is to account for the time spent preparing the lesson
Science Space, Wollongong NSW
- Lead school groups and members of the public around the exhibition space, helping them to engage with the installations in a meaningful way through effective communication.
Guest speaker for Biodiversity School Incursion
Keiraville Public School
- Prepared a curated presentation on how to promote biodiversity on a small scale, and how to create pollinator habitats in cities.
- Involved translating complex information into clear and simple concepts that the classes could understand, such as what an electron micrograph is and how it is obtained.
University of Wollongong
- Assisted Honours Ecology student with the organization and execution of experiments contributing to their thesis on pollination and seed production of Australian rainforest species.
- Was highly involved in field work and laboratory work which required immense commitment, application of skills and dedication.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with other sciences lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about environmental sciences lessons?
Taking science lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|