The core of my teaching is interaction. I believe that teaching is an interactive process. Students would gain a comprehensive understanding of the subject much more effectively by interacting with the instructor. Normally, I will first give a brief overview of the topic and a detailed explaination of important concepts. Students are encouraged to engage in critical thinking/discussions/activities to further the knowlege afterwards.
I am a PhD student in gender and cultural studies at The University of Sydney. I received my advanced Master degree in International Studies at The University of Queensland. Prior to coming to Sydney, I was working as a research fellow on social development and a part-time Mandarin teacher in China.
Chen, Minglu and Cai Junyi. 2019 forthcoming. "Women's Access to Political Power: An Analysis of the Life Trajectory of Wu Yi. In Contemporary Chinese Female Celebrities, edited by Cai Shenshen. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
Book Review (2019 forthcoming): Zhao, Jing Jamie, Ling Yang, Maud Lavin. 2017. Boys' Love, Cosplay, and Androgynous Idols: Queer Fan Cultures in Mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press.
Jan 2016- May 2018 Research Fellow
Guangdong South China Economic Development Research Association (GSEA)
• Co-drafted Year 2012 Social Development Evaluation Official Report of Guangdong Province
• Co-drafted research report for Guangdong Food and Drug Administration
• Responsible for field research and data analysis
May 2017- Jun 2018 Chinese Language Teacher (Part-time),
EasyChinese International Chinese Teaching Center
• Taught daily using Mandarin
• Advanced level; Cultural Studies; HSK preparation
• Class teaching and one on one teaching
April 2016- Present International Consultant and IELTS Teacher (casual),
Markham International Education Center Corp.
• Taught VIP course of IELTS speaking, writing and listening.
• Provided advice on application plan and University selection for studying aboard student
Sep 2012- Feb 2013 Lecturer Assistant, Hong Kong Baptist University International College
• Gave lecture of the course University Life for First Year students.
(including contents of ‘understanding cultural difference’, ‘time management’, ‘emotion control’, ‘academic research skills’, ‘communicational skills’, etc.)
• Certificate of attendance for Australian National Mediator Accreditation Training
• Certificate for Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
• Barista Certificate
• Native Cantonese and Mandarin
• Fluent in English (academic level)
history lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with general knowledge lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about politics lessons?
Taking gender theory lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$50||Not available||$50|
|5 hours||$230||Not available||$250|
|10 hours||$450||Not available||$500|