- Hourly rate $25
- Response Time 5h
- Number of students 12
1st lesson free!
VCE student studying at Melbourne's selective all girls high school (Mac.Rob) offering maths tuition to students in years 1-9!
- at your home
About the lesson
What do lessons look like?
Students have full control over what they learn and are welcome - encouraged! - to ask for help with current schoolwork or for assistance in learning higher level topics. I'm also happy to provide a plan and pick out learning materials based on what the student needs if they're unsure of where to start or what needs working on!
My approach to tutoring:
I'm flexible with my work and always strive to cater to each individual student accordingly. Within lessons, the student's comfort and understanding is prioritised through setting a reasonable learning pace and going through different learning techniques to see what best suits the student! I can provide practice questions, and elaborate on mathematical concepts in a way which the student would understand based on their learning style! We can go through my tips and tricks to exam taking and math related projects - whatever it is you'd like to learn!
Who, where/how, how long?
I'm looking to tutor students in years 1-9 in libraries around Melbourne CBD or Camberwell and neighbouring suburbs! I'm also happy to travel and do in-home lessons or lessons via webcam! A typical length of a lesson would be 30 minutes - 1.5 hours (completely up to the student).
- Primary School
- Early High School
Hello! My name is Jenny - I'm in year 11 and studying VCE at The Mac.Robertson Girls' High School!
Why I'd be the right tutor for you!
- I've always found learning a very fun and engaging process and I'd like to nurture a love for learning in others as well - my patience and self-motivation are reflected in the way I teach!
- I'll share what habits have gotten me to where I am now! Habits such as instead of simply attempting practice questions and correcting them with a tick or cross, I will redo the question and relearn associated concepts to ensure I have an adequate understanding of the topic!
- I was offered a spot in the first round for Mac.Rob with two superiors: maths and numerical reasoning!
- I've received a distinction in all my efforts at the Australian Maths Competition.
- 2 of my students are now in their schools' accelerated learning programs!
- I'm also fluent in Vietnamese so I'd be willing to teach in Viet for those who aren't fully comfortable with English yet!
- Most importantly, I love learning maths and I want others to as well, lessons will be efficient and enjoyable!
~ I'm also offering school English tuition on Superprof!
Perfect! Jenny is very understanding and she helped me so much
See more reviews
Jenny helped me so much with maths and English! She let me choose what I wanted to work on for each lesson, sometimes we did schoolwork together, sometimes we'd work on my weaknesses and she would give me her resources and advice to improve. Her criticism helped me develop my skills so much, each lesson had me learning something new!
Jenny was my tutor for a couple years and helped me get into an accelerated program at my high school! She was super patient and understanding, and she always made sure our lessons best suited my needs. She knew how to teach in an effective way and always remained professional but very friendly. She helped me with all aspects of the test (writing, reading comprehension, numerical reasoning, maths and verbal reasoning). One of the most friendly and helpful tutors I know!
View more recommendations
- 5h: $125
- 10h: $250