My teaching method is based on common real-life examples. I tailor my approach according to the students' backgrounds and then start teaching them with examples that they can relate to. This way of teaching was commended by many students and it did work for all of them. Since I use real-world examples to teach the basics, students not only learn what to do but also where to apply them. Once students are comfortable with using the programming constructs, I move on to the details to give them a comprehensive understanding of the subject.
I am an Information technology postgrad student at UWA. I love teaching students to code. I have been tutoring since sophomore year of my undergrad studies. I have taught students who have zero background in computer programming until they are comfortable writing their own computer programs. I am proficient in Object-Oriented Programming, Data Structures, and Algorithms, I can give students a complete overview of what entails after learning to code computer programs.
- My teaching rate does not depend on the student's level in the subject.
- If a student from a really far place (> 15km) really requests a lesson, I will charge an additional rate for travel and travel time.
- After the first paid lesson in a lesson pack, if the student is not satisfied then I will return 50% of the rate I receive for that lesson and the remaining lessons will not be taken until a student asks for it again.
- Currently pursuing my Masters of Information Technology from the University of Western Australia.
- Recipient of Global Excellence Scholarship from UWA
- Completed my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and Masters in Biological Sciences (Yes, IT will be my second master's degree :P)
- I have the first-hand experience of learning programming all by myself and how hard and demotivating it can be at times. So I understand what a student goes through when they are getting started with programming.
- Successfully completed 11+ online programming courses from Coursera.
Perfect! Akhil explains python really well. Great bloke as well.
Calm and composed student !!
Ed is an excellent student with an immense passion to learn. Although his current path is not the same as his previous path, I am very sure that he is forging a strong foundation for his future ahead.
Perfect! Very good, always prepared for the lessons and patient when teaching. Would highly recommend.
Prabal had been an amazing student. He understands complex concepts quickly. Although programming is very new to him, he uses his acute logical reasoning to relate programming concepts with engineering concepts. That is a skill may students develop later on. But Prabal already has it. That gives him an edge over others during interviews and competitive exams.
I know Akhil since 2013. We were in the same class during our Engineering at Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS Pilani, Goa campus). He has a unique perspective on the concepts thus, a deepened understanding of the subject. In addition to that, his explanatory skills are truly remarkable. He earned quite a reputation for his perfect analogies during his seminars. One rare and distinguishable quality I observed in him is that he analyses the audience standards before delivering the subject which is necessary to connect with people. His friendly nature and patience to explain concepts make him a perfect fit as a teacher. I am more than happy to recommend him and Superprof students would definitely benefit from his services.
Akhil is a very skilled individual with a broad knowledge base, he makes the subjects clear by teaching the topics in a manner that is easy for everyone to understand.
Akhil is very straightforward when it comes to his content. He is upfront and extremely knowledgeable about computer programming. I myself am learning python from him.
I've worked under Akhil on a project during my under-graduation. He helped me with writing python codes to plot GIS graphs. His proficiency in coding is peculiar and his way to explain is easy to understand. The amicable and helpful nature is a bonus to the excellent logical aptitude he possesses, which indeed makes him a good teacher.
Akhil has exceptionally great programming skills and teaching skills which cleared my basics and he understands exactly where a student is struggling.
basic computer lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with computer programming lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about HTML lessons?
Taking python lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|