I offer 2 different types of practice (which can be combined!): RESTORATIVE and HATHA yoga. My classes are suitable for all levels of experience and move at my students' pace.
All my classes include time for a long relaxation at the end and simple breathing practices (and meditation, if you like!)
I make generous use of yoga props which can be very helpful in bringing the earth to you!
I see a yoga class as a collaboration rather than a one-way conversation.
HOW I CAN HELP:
- I can help you feel better and more at home in your body, AS IT IS.
- I can help you to feel like you are ENOUGH (and we so rarely feel that we are "enough", just as we are....)
- I can help show you that the world won't fall apart if you take time to listen to yourself and nurture your well-being.
- I can help you design a simple, do-able home yoga practice (which can sometimes feel really intimidating and hard!) - it doesn't need to be fancy!
- I can show you simple movement, meditation and breathing techniques to use when life gets on top of you, or even when everything is happy days! :)
- I can help you to find your way home in difficult times by showing you ways to help ground and calm yourself.
I specialise in Restorative Yoga which is a deeply restful practice using props (blankets, pillows/cushions/bolsters, blocks) to swaddle and support your body in longer holds to bring about a relaxation response in your nervous system. This practice is accompanied by simple and supportive breathing techniques which you can use off your yoga mat and during your day.
Restorative Yoga is a the perfect complement to more dynamic practices (and to our busy lives!) and is suitable for all levels. This practice can be incredibly beneficial for insomnia, stress & anxiety, exhaustion and overwhelm (corporate high-flyers, busy Mums, carers, all humans welcome!)
PRIVATE YOGA MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- you have loads of yoga questions you're burning to ask!
- you would like time to explore certain aspects of yoga in more detail;
- you feel shy/unsure about or you are too busy to attend a studio class;
- you're working with a particular injury or special condition, illness or you're recovering from any of these;
- you'd like personalised attention and help in crafting your own simple home yoga practice (but don't know where to start!)
- you're going through a difficult time and want to feel supported in a practice of self-care.
BENEFITS OF PRIVATE YOGA:
- Convenience: the perfect way to practice if you are unable to attend a class. Practice at a time that fits with your schedule and your lifestyle;
- This personalised way of working together allows time & space for questions and the opportunity to bring a tailored approach to your home yoga practice;
- Develop effective, safe technique with personal feedback and hands-on guidance;
- Sessions move at your pace and keep you on track with your goals.
- I will help you stay motivated and inspired in your yoga adventure!
Ask your Private Health Insurance about claiming for therapeutic private yoga.
I'm an empathetic, approachable and nurturing teacher with over 500+hrs of formal training, mostly in London. I am registered with Yoga Australia as a Level 2 Yoga Teacher.
I've been teaching yoga for 6 years and I love sharing the benefits of yoga especially with people who feel like they can't "do" yoga!
I work with burnt-out carers, parents, workers - ordinary humans just like you who feel overwhelmed, exhausted and want to feel more connected with their lives and themselves.
I am experienced with my own injuries (spine, shoulder, knee and hip!) so I am a very compassionate teacher if you are working with an injury.
In addition to teaching yoga asana (physical poses), I love teaching simple breathing techniques and meditation to help calm and soothe the mind and create a deeper sense of calm and connection - all of which can help with relaxation and reducing anxiety and stress.
Most of my training has been under the teachers at London’s triyoga, primarily Anna Ashby, Jean Hall, Bridget Woods Kramer and the American teacher, Richard Rosen, who is my mentor and friend. My other influential teachers are Doug Keller, Donna Fahri, Cassandra Missio and Mitch Gibson.
It is entirely through our bodies that we experience everything - and through deepening our relationship with our felt experience, we can sense the wonder of our being alive!
In recent years, my practice and teaching has focused increasingly on the slower and more contemplative practices of Restorative Yoga and with a focus on pranayama (the yoga of breath).
I’m immensely passionate about sharing tools and practices that can nurture and support people from the inside out and which can help address extreme exhaustion, anxiety, stress, striving and myriad other issues that stem from modern life.
I’m a self-professed yoga philosophy nerd and have more yoga books than I may ever have time to read (this goes for novels, too!) and I’m particularly interested in the myths surrounding modern Western yoga practice.
My private classes are 75 mins rather than an hour - rates are for 75 mins.
In Person Classes:
$120 per person/ $180 for 2 ppl
$550 for 5 classes/ $750 for 5 classes/2 ppl
$1050 for 10 classes/ $1400 for 10 classes/2 ppl
$95 per single class
$450 for 5 classes
$850 for 10 classes
Terms and Conditions:
Classes are 75 mins.
Packages must be purchased in advance.
All prices are GST inclusive.
Cancellations with less than 24hrs notice incur
No-shows will forfeit the session.
Multiple private sessions packs are valid for 6 months from date or purchase.
Off-sites: $30 per session
After 7:30pm: $15 per session
Remember some health funds pay rebates for yoga – enquire with your own health fund.
Like many 'recovering’ Ashtangis, a great part of my conditioning (both in life and in yoga) in the face of exhaustion has been to 'push through', to 'carry on', to 'get back on the horse'...to attempt to 'subdue' the fluctuations of my restless mind through force of will.
I’ve learned time and time again that this is not only a limited way to imagine moving through the world, but also a potentially deeply damaging one.
Restorative yoga feels like it speaks to a deeper wisdom - a somatic, embodied, perhaps even softer and more 'human' approach to healing and self-recalibration. So often, the act of intentionally 'stopping' feels like an act of revolution to me now...and a reminder that perhaps my very human body requires no 'subduing', no 'overcoming'... but perhaps a little more 'allowing'.
Wendy's restorative yoga classes have remained a 'gateway drug' to me - to a place where I am enough. Where the world is kinder and softer. Where there is wonder everywhere if we soften enough to see it through the eyes of deep rest.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|