My coaching methodology is based on extensive knowledge of learning styles and methodologies as an ESL teacher and trainer, and as a former HR Director. When coaching for high stakes eg to achieve particular IELTS scores for visa or professional registration purposes, I work with my clients to identify areas of focus through e.g. error analyses in practice tests.
My coaching approach includes building time management skills, confidence and in-depth understanding of IELTS methodology and expectations gained through many years of one-on-one sessions in different language and cultural settings.
A former IELTS examiner (9 years) and ESL academic trainer (MA Applied Linguistics) with executive coaching qualifications, I have expanded my practice internationally through Zoom and other platforms to deliver successful IELTS/PTE test scores for visa, academic and professional registration purposes.
I coach one-on-one for particular success in English Writing and Speaking, sourcing practice materials online and from my own resources tailored to busy clients' needs..
I work in Zoom/online Packages of 10 contact hours (usually 5x2 hrs a week), plus 2.5 hours of marking GT and Academic Writing tests, locating and scanning practice tests/online IELTS resources for busy clients. I have also had some success with 90 minute sessions over a longer period - Zoom can be tiring!
I invoice clients (AU$750) in advance at the second coaching session of the Package. You will need a laptop/monitor with Zoom access, scanning capability for sending me your written responses (eg Scannable on your phone) and a printer.
• Graduate Certificate in Management, Flinders University S.A, Australia
• Master of Arts Applied Linguistics University of Queensland, Australia
• Post-graduate TESOL in MA Linguistics University of Texas at Arlington, US
• Bachelor of Arts (English and American Studies) University of Keele, UK
LANGUAGES & DEGREE OF PROFICIENCY
English (fluent, all skills) Modern Greek (fluent spoken), French (DELF B2 High Intermediate all skills),
Career to present:
• Principal Consultant at Mary Denver Consulting IELTS Coaching practice
• English Language Adviser, Komnas Perempuan (Indonesia’s National Commission on Violence against women), Jakarta, Indonesia
• Director Human Resources Department of the Premier and Cabinet, Queensland (Qld)
• Manager Organisational Capability Department of the Premier and Cabinet Qld
• IELTS Examiner Australia/Indonesia 2007-2015
• Consultant Leadership Development, International Projects Unit, QUT
• Coordinator EFL Business Communication and Lecturer EFL Negotiation skills, Shanghai
University/Jiao Tong University Shanghai China
• Coordinator Regional Ministerial Forums, Community Engagement Division, Qld
• Senior Policy and Training Officer, (Health portfolio), Multicultural Affairs Qld
• Manager Language Services, Bureau of Ethnic Affairs, Qld
• EFL teacher and trainer, Greece, US, Malaysia.
CURRENT CAREER OBJECTIVE
After a fulltime career in EFL teaching and ELICOS, individual and organisational training, HR and capability development in the Australian public and tertiary sectors, I am now focused on contributing to English language capability development for individuals and organisations internationally.
With a high success rate (over 75% of clients achieve their desired score), I specialise in remote coaching by ZOOM to achieve high level IELTS scores, but can adapt to PTE and other English Testing environments.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with vocabulary - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about written comprehension - english lessons?
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$75||Not available||$75|