My teaching style is engaging and interactive. As my wish is to incite understanding in the student, I use techniques such as questioning to prompt critical thinking, and communicate the necessary material directly and clearly. I have a knack for structuring and simplifying difficult information to make it more understandable for students. My wish is to guide the student such that they do not dread the material they are faced with, and at best, enjoy and excel in it.
I am a third year student at the University of Melbourne, currently during a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics. I enjoy inciting understanding and helping others. I have some experience tutoring two highschool students in Additional Mathematics in Malaysia. Other experience I have includes being a mentor volunteer for refugees with the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY), which involved positive role-modelling and assisting migrant youths in practising English.
• Bachelor of Arts, major in Linguistics and Applied Linguistics at the University of Melbourne (2017 – present)
• Current WAM: 86.550
• Awards: Dean’s Honours List (2017), Dean's Honours List (2018)
• Co-curricular activities: President of Buddhist Studies Society (2017 – 2018)
• Cambridge GCE A-Level at HELP Academy in Malaysia (2013 – 2015)
• Results: 4A* at Advanced Subsidiary and Advanced Levels
• Awards: Highest mark in Malaysia for Law in the June 2015 Cambridge International A Level Examinations, Merit Scholarship Recipient
• Cambridge IGCSE at Tenby International School Setia Eco Park in Malaysia (2008 – 2013)
• Results: 11A*
• Awards: English Language Award (2012 – 2013), Additional Mathematics Award (2012 – 2013)
WORK & VOLUNTEERING EXPERIENCE
• Mentor Volunteer at CMY (2018)
• Subcommittee in CityZen (2018)
• Youth officer in Nalanda Youth Center (NYC) in Malaysia (2015 - 2017)
vocabulary - english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with esl (english) lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|