- Hourly rate $70
- Response Time 3h
- Number of students 32
1st lesson free!
10+ years teaching band 8-9/90% IELTS/OET/PTE/ISLPR/GAMSAT/Business English - Private Lessons from a Qualified Experienced British Tutor
- at their home
- by webcam
Anna is one of our best ESL (English) tutors. High-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
Looking to find a tutor who can finally help you understand what you're doing wrong in your exam? Someone who cares about your learning and success? I can help. :)
I have helped many students around their world achieve their targets in IELTS/OET/PTE/ISLPR and many I continue to support in their professional or academic life or we have become lifelong friends. I believe in helping students not only gain their self-confidence in their abilities, but also recognise their potential to be more and do more than they believe. If you're prepared to work hard and start thinking for yourself instead of memorising or parroting ideas, then you will be on your way to excelling in not only your exam, but also other areas of your life.
No Textbook Learning – I customise your lesson depending on your weaknesses and correct each one until you are ready for the test. I do not use textbooks but I do supply real practice tests and plenty of homework. ;-)
The first lesson usually involves a feedback session, reviewing your current level to see what you need to achieve your goals. Students will benefit from knowing their weaknesses on day 1. Most of all, I make sure you start to enjoy your work and make what is probably something negative and draining, into something you can get excited about!
- ESL (English)
- English Speaking
- Written comprehension - English
Written expression - English
- All Levels
Official Website: ukenglishlessons.wordpress.com
About your private tutor, Anna:
1. British born tutor with an English accent – many students find my Received Pronunciation English accent easier to understand than Australian accents.
2. IELTS trained tutor with up-to-date knowledge – I have access to information from examiners and specific training to help students obtain band 7-9. Read reviews from past students who have recently passed with my help.
3. OET, GAMSAT and PTE trainer – I also tutor students to succeed in these exams. I have done extensive research to find out how these exams are marked, e.g. the mystery why many native speakers struggle to pass the speaking in PTE.
4. Business English – I have worked previously as a professional at management level in various areas of business, such as Marketing, Sales, Events, Charities, Finance, Information Technology, Web Design, Application Programming, Database Management, Online Marketing and Property Law. Therefore, I have relevant business knowledge and experience to help professionals become successful in their communication.
5. Full-time tutor – I work everyday; mornings, afternoons and most evenings, including weekends and public holidays.
6. Academic background – I have postgraduate qualifications which have allowed me to regularly work with university students to proofread and edit their academic texts, not only for grammar and comprehension but the achievement of the brief in order to obtain the highest score possible.
7. Extensive experience as well as teaching IELTS/PTE/OET successfully for many years, I have also been an examiner, trained IELTS/PTE/OET tutors, and taken all three tests. I believe that the best tutors must experience what it is like to take the exams first-hand in order to fully understand what they are talking about.
It is rare to find an English teacher with this much experience.
Perfect! I highly recommend Anna, with her help I not only passed my IELTS test I also improved my grammar, speaking and confidence. She is an excellent teacher with a lot of knowledge and personality which makes her lessons engaging. Furthermore, her ability of explaining things in different ways makes it easy to understand any topic.
- Anna's response : Maria is a very hardworking and intelligent student. She learns quickly and is able to learn concepts quickly. She listens well and tries her best to do the work suggested. She has a few challenges with grammar but I am confident that she will overcome many of them. Her creative way of thinking and ability to learn new vocabulary, will assist her with becoming a very competent and fluent English learner. I'm sure she will excel at whatever she chooses to do in her life. I wish her well in her future endeavours.
See more reviews
Anna is an excellent and inspiring tutor. She helped me with my ISLPR preparation. I found her lessons very useful, especially the practice tests we did together. It really helped me understand how to do the test and to not worry about it. I was able to improve from 3.0 to 4.0. Thank you so much!
Hi Anna! Thank you so much for your help. I finally did it!!! I got my band IELTS 8.0! I am so happy! :D Please, let's meet to have a celebration when you are free. I want to say thank you for all your amazing teaching. I was so scared to have a tutor as it was my first time. You pushed me hard and yes, I had to do a lot of work but I didn't give up thanks to you. Thank you for believing in me. You are my angel!
Happily recommend Anna. She's not only an excellent teacher but also a great mentor, motivator and overall a brilliant human being! I am a mother of 3 young children and have been struggling with getting back into the world of work after migrating to Australia several years ago. I contacted Anna to help give me confidence in not only going back to university where I needed to pass my IELTS test but also help with my finding jobs and excelling in the job interview process. I scored band 7.5 first time in my IELTS - I never thought that was possible! I am now studying to be a teacher and working part-time at my local library. My self-esteem has been restored, I feel I can do anything now! Thank you so much for your never-ending encouragement, guidance and support.
I have been a student of Anna's for the past 4 years. She has helped me many aspects of writing, speaking and communication. She helped me passed my IELTS test band 8.0 and later, supported me throughout my university studies. Recently, she helped me prepare for some interviews with KPMG and now I am an employee. She really understands and cares about your learning and not like any tutor you'll ever meet.
I am one of her clients and we have been using her services for over 6 years now. Our company has benefited from her invaluable insight, refreshing perspective on communication. Predominantly, she has assisted with document writing, presentations, public speaking, sales pitching, customer service and marketing. Ultimately, we have all felt we have improved in some fundamental way from her help. Our overseas staff have always found her delightful and refreshing in her approach. Would highly recommend.
Really excellent and inspiring tutor. Clear instructions and I improved quickly. I enjoyed and benefited from each lesson. Absolutely recommend for IELTS, PTE and essay writing.
I have worked with Anna for over 7 years and she has been an inspiration to us all in her approach. She has helped our company staff deliver excellent written reports, inspiring presentations as well as assist with our overseas staff with their integration into the Australian workforce. She understands our clients, has high emotional intelligence as well as a positive demeanor which has made her a delight to work with and I believe, is the reason for her success in our work.
View more recommendations
- 5h: $350
- 10h: $700
Your first lesson can be 30 minutes, 1 hour, 1.5 hours or 2 hours long. Payment must be made to secure your booking.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel a lesson for whatever reason, please give at least 24 hours notice to avoid paying a fee for cancelling the lesson. Students who cancel less than 24 hours before the lesson without a good explanation will be expected to pay the full lesson fee as compensation for loss of time. For emergencies, please CALL rather than text or email, with at least 2 hours notice before the start of the lesson, with your reason for the cancellation. This is to encourage a professional and respectful relationship valued in a work and academic environment.