Did you know that the Spanish language is the mother tongue of an estimated 400-450 million people?
While we are used to hearing English as the universal language spoken around the world, Spanish is the world’s second most spoken language.
Are you passionate about the Spanish language and want to learn Spanish in Australia? Spanish lessons are an excellent way for you to not only learn the language but get immersed in the different Spanish speaking cultures around the world.
No matter where in Australia you live, you will most definitely find Spanish classes near me and the best Spanish tutors with the help of Superprof.
Spanish Courses In Sydney
Did you know that there are 21 countries that have Spanish as the official language? Spanish is also a key language in a lot of other dependent territories that use it in an official way.
Also, international companies and organisations, including the United Nations, have adopted Spanish as one of their official languages.
If you live in the city of Sydney, Australia and want to study Spanish you can check out some of the following schools:
- Instituto Cervantes in Sydney: You can take Spanish classes for beginners, intermediate, advanced and proficiency.
- The University of Sydney: They offer beginner Spanish classes that are open to everyone.
- Spanish Blackboard Academy: They use the Communicative Language Teaching method, which means you study and Learn Spanish in Australia by using and practising it.
- Sydney Workers Educational Association: They have beginner, intermediate and advanced classes as well as special traveller workshops and conversation courses.
- LCF Fun Languages: They operate pre-school, childcare centres, kinder, Montessori, before and after-school language learning centres across Australia.
- Brookvale Northern Beaches Community College: The NBCC has 2 course streams, each on weeknights for 16 hours of tuition at the conversational and beginner stage 1 or 2 levels.
- Inner West Meetup: This group brings Spanish lovers to social and networking events at local hotels and conference centres.
Check out all the options to study Spanish in Sydney!
Spanish Classes In Melbourne
What is the country with the most Spanish speakers in the world? Located in North America, Mexico is the main hub of the Spanish language, with approximately 114 million Spanish speakers.
If you live in Melbourne and are daydreaming about learning Spanish and travelling to practice the language, these schools could be a great option for you:
- El Patio Spanish Language School: Recommended by the Spanish Consulate, Melbourne, they pride themselves in being the only school in Melbourne with study support, especially in the beginner levels.
- Council of Adult Education (CAE): They have a wide array of Spanish courses of different levels: elementary, intermediate, advanced and expert.
- Lyceum: This language school focuses on practical language skills, simulating everyday situations in role-play exercises during each lesson.
- The Spanish Cat: They teach the foundation skills to hold a conversation with Spanish speakers.
- Hola con Lola: Lola Migliore is the headteacher of Centro Argentino in Melbourne, a qualified Spanish teacher from ELE Spanish for Foreigners and has more than 10 years of Spanish teaching experience.
- The Travelling Koala: The teachers at this school focus on Australian students' needs when learning a new language.
Find the best Spanish classes in Melbourne!
Learning Spanish In Brisbane
Have you ever been surrounded by Spanish speakers and wondered what makes their language so unique?
What might sound weird to you has to do with the fact that Spanish is a “phonetic” language. This means that each letter of the Spanish alphabet represents a certain sound.
If you are learning to speak Spanish, this will come in quite handy since it means that if you know how a letter is spelled, you can always pronounce it.
You can find more tips on how to learn Spanish in our article on Spanish lessons in Brisbane!
In the meantime, you can also check some of the options of language schools in Brisbane below:
- The University of Queensland: They offer Spanish classes delivered live via the Zoom video conferencing software or on the UQ St Lucia campus.
- LaPont: This school has native speakers as teachers. They also regularly visit Spain, returning with the latest travel tips to ensure your cultural immersion.
- Spanish Learning Centre: Classes are conducted in Spanish, with each sentence immediately backed up with an English translation. They give detailed descriptions and explanations of the grammar in English to ensure full understanding.
- Spanish World: They are located in Chermside and Brisbane CBD and offer face to face private lessons and courses as well as remote and online learning courses via Skype.
- Language Trainers: The lessons are all one-on-one, the content is highly customised, with pricing dependent on your aims and instructor preference.
Need more tips on finding Spanish classes in Brisbane?
Spanish Lessons In Adelaide
Did you know that English and Spanish both share the same language family? They are both part of the Indo-European languages, same as French, Scandinavian, German, and Slavic.
This is why a lot of people around the world find it relatively easy to learn Spanish.
- Adelaide Spanish School: They offer 9 levels of Spanish language courses; Beginners 1 (new beginners), Beginners 2, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2, Intermediate 3, Advanced Grammar, Advanced Conversation, Survival Spanish and a new DELE course.
- Listen&Learn: This platform has a wide selection of Spanish courses.
- Vocational Language Learning Centre: Their courses are delivered by blended learning and can be a combination of online learning with individual tuition, regular chats with the Tutor and Student Coordinator and homework tasks.
- iHola Adelaide: Their courses are structured to a template without considering your previous experience.
- WEA: this organisation has been a popular choice for language learners since students can choose from morning, afternoon and evening classes.
- University of Adelaide: The 16-hour course over 8 weeks will give you the practical vocabulary to travel to Spanish countries and engage in simple social interactions.
Find the best Spanish classes in Adelaide.
Spanish Classes In Perth
Have you heard of the “Royal Spanish Academy”? While it might sound quite strange to have such an institution overlooking a language, this was established in the 18th century and is considered as the arbiter of the Spanish language.
What is the "Royal Spanish Academy" responsible for? They are the ones who develop the Spanish dictionary and grammar guides as well as promoting reforms related to the language and any new words and expressions that are introduced over time.
Are you looking for Spanish lessons in Perth? Check out these options:
- The University of Western Australia: They have a Bachelor's Degree that helps you achieve a functional level of competency in listening, speaking, reading and writing the Spanish language, but it is also about studying Spanish literature, films and popular cultures.
- The Spanish Language Centre: They have Spanish language tutoring in a specialised Spanish speaking environment.
- Multicultural Language Centre: All teachers at the MultiCultural Language Centre are native speakers of the language being taught, highly competent and dedicated to ensuring each programme is delivered in the best possible way.
- Lara's Spanish Hub: The main focus is to improve your communication skills. Their teaching style is highly interactive and dynamic and they focus on developing the student’s abilities to speak and understand spoken Spanish since they know the ultimate goal is to be able to have a conversation in Spanish.
- The Spanish Cat: They teach the foundation skills to converse with Spanish speakers coherently. You'll learn the grammatical rules as well as the vocabulary you need.
- Hola Spanish Classes in Perth: They can provide lessons in your home or office, customising the lesson for adults, children, groups and individuals.
- Oniria: They offer beginner, intermediate and advanced courses for adults, each for 12 weeks of 2-hour sessions.
Want to know more about studying Spanish in Perth?
Spanish Lessons In Canberra
Spanish grammar is quite particular and can drive some Spanish students crazy. Why?
Well, while the English language has only 3 tenses, Spanish has 17 tenses! On the other hand, while English only has one past, present and future tense, Spanish has multiple past, present, and future tenses for its verbs (Indicative, Subjunctive, and Imperative).
This can result in a lot of confusion and hard work for Spanish learners coming from languages with simpler rules.
If you are interested in studying Spanish in Canberra, Australia, head to our article here!
Spanish Lessons In the Gold Coast
Did you know that Spanish is the second most studied language in the world? It is estimated that within three generations, almost 10% of the world’s population will be able to communicate in Spanish.
English will most definitely continue as the universal business communication channel but little by little Spanish has taken on a larger role in the business world.
Don't miss our article on studying Spanish in the Gold Coast!
Learning Spanish With Superprof
Are you interested in finding a private tutor to study Spanish?
Superprof is the ideal place for you to connect with a Spanish tutor and get working on improving your skills, conversation and grammar!
Check out our offer of teachers and tutors, pick the best one for you and become a Spanish speaker in no time.
The platform that connects tutors and students