My teaching method is totally learner-centred giving my students the best chance to advance in the acquisition of English as a second or foreign language. I use excellent material including recordings, videos and IT resources. My lessons are carefully planned and focused on my student's needs and always enhancing their conversational and aural skills.
I am a teacher of English with two Masters Degrees who has taught at tertiary level for 28 years. I love to help people develop conversational skills in English in very interactive and creative sessions. I have plenty of excellent material to share and I have got excellent results with my students. I am patient, warm and cheerful and very responsible, punctual and committed to a job well-done.
My rate applies to all levels my students may have. I would prefer classes paid after each lesson and if sessions are cancelled by the student, I should be noticed in advance at least 3 hours prior to each session.
Graduate Diploma High School Teacher of English Catholic University of Valparaiso, Chile
Bachelor in English Language and Literature Catholic University of Valparaiso, Chile
Master in Teaching English as a Foreign Language University of Jaen, Spain.
Master in Classroom Teaching San Sebastian University, Chile.
Advanced English Language and Materials Certificate Nile Institute of Language Education,
English University Teachers Seminar Diploma University of Davis, USA.
Key achievements include:
• Delivered English Language sessions in the Elicos sector in Australia. Worked in Milestones Academy until closure due to Covid-19.
• Provided and delivered training sessions to graduated school teachers as part of ongoing training programs by the Ministry of Education in Chile to update teaching techniques and language mastering in teachers.
• Managed the English Pedagogy Major at San Sebastian University, Chile, for three years and led this major through a National Accreditation Process successfully
• Delivered regular teaching sessions at tertiary level for San Sebastian University and Santo Tomas University in Chile as part of their curricula for the Major English Pedagogy.
• Delivered English classes at Primary and Secondary School levels as English as a Foreign Language.
• Designed and delivered an English Club Program providing the development of the English Language in vulnerable Public School students who would not have a chance to learn to communicate in English otherwise.
• Provided Cambridge Examination Organization with assessing and invigilating services for PET, FCE, CAE and IELTS certifications.
Mónica has been my teacher since 3 years ago. She is great, very professional. I have learnt a lot with her.
Her classes are funny and I always enjoy it. I recommend Mónica without a doubt.
Miss Mónica was my University teacher in Chile. She is a trustworthy and nice person. I know her very well, she's a hard-working, loyal and a creative teacher. I learnt a lot in her classes because she was always encourage to all the students, and her advices were the best. I recommend her highly because she is a good teacher and I am very grateful.
Miss Mónica has been of the best teachers that I have had during my university degree. She's very good at teaching grammar. Moreover, she teachers patiently with each student her subject, she makes a lot of dynamic exercises, gives good feebacks as well about our performance, among others. I recommend her 10/10.
Miss Monica was my teacher for almost 5 years. She is an excelent teacher because she dedicates her time to explain grammar rules with patient. She also taught me the importance of responsibility and perseverance preparing me to take demanding but worthwhile challenges like my professional practice. I really recommend teacher Monica, since I am sure she keeps inspiring future teachers showing commitment and dedication in her classes.
Great teacher and very interactive and fun classes!!! I started at a very basic level and now I am speaking English and even able to think in the language. Totally recommended.
Monica was my English teacher at University, and she was honestly one of the best teachers I’ve had. She always encouraged me to do better, and thanks to her I improved my English level a lot. She was very responsable, always puntual and very professional. You can tell as a student when a person does what she loves.
I think she would make a great teacher to whoever is reading this, because she has always been one, which can be confirm with her long experience in the field.
I highly recommend Monica, she is a professional with a successful career as an English teacher. For many years she has been a university teacher training many generations of new teachers. On the other hand, her zoom classes are very didactic and personalized, so the learning will be much faster and more effective than any other course! Totally recommended!
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with english speaking lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral comprehension - english lessons?
Taking IELTS lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|