If the individual I am supporting has a job description, prior to the session, I would request they send me the job description.
- I will review the job description and pick out the key points
- I will review the selection criteria (if applicable) to identify key areas of focus
- I will prepare mock interview questions, these will include some general questions, some questions based on the job description information, and some based on the selection criteria. The reason I formulate questions from all three areas is because this will give the candidate the most in depth understanding of the role and organisation in which the role exists. Giving them confidence in the subject matter often alleviates some of the stress of the interview so candidates can articulate themselves better in the high pressure situation of an interview.
- Once complete, I will give the candidate feedback on each question, based on what the interviewer was trying to find out by asking the question.
- I will then give the candidate the opportunity to undertake the interview again, having had this feedback.
- I will give the candidate the option to have the feedback written as well as verbal in the session, I would invite them to make notes but I will provide them with report feedback after the session if they would like.
If the individual does not have a job description, but is looking to improve their interview skills I would ask the broad 'type' of job they are looking to apply for. I would then follow the above process, but rather than using a specific job description, I would use my expertise to create a mock interview for that 'type' of job.
I am an expert in human resources management and have conducted hundreds of interviews throughout my career. I have over 15 years experience in the field, having worked in Australia and in the UK. I hold a Bachelor's Degree from Edinburgh Napier University in Business Management, specialising in Human Resources Management. I hold a Master of Business Administration from Edinburgh Napier University. I have worked human resources for varied types of organisations, including telecommunications, hospitality, finance, superannuation, banking, recruitment, and market research. Having worked for organisations with such varied core business, I have a deep understanding of human resources functions, recruitment, and selection processes. This experience has given me the ability to have a deep understanding of interview format, the type of questions that will be asked, and the information the interview panel is looking for in answers from the candidate. Having successfully prepared many individuals for interview using this technique, and have applied my expertise to roles in many different industries with a successful outcome.
Amanda Morris BA (HRM) MBA CMgr FCMI
2020 – Present, Senior Human Resources Advisor (Strategic Workforce Planning), Australian Antarctic Division, Hobart
2017 – 2019, Human Resources Manager, Bruce Group Scotland, Edinburgh UK
2015 – 2017 Senior Team Manager, Standard Life through Firstsource, Edinburgh UK
2012 – 2014 Assistant Manager, Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel, Edinburgh UK
2008 – 2011 Contact Centre Manager, Enterprise Marketing Research Services, Hobart
2007 – 2008 Team Supervisor, Telstra, Hobart
2004 – 2007 Office Manager, Australian Dispatch Company, Hobart
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Edinburgh Napier University, completion October 2019
Bachelor of Arts – Business Management specialising in Human Resources Management, Edinburgh Napier University, completion June 2018
Double Diploma of Human Resources and Business Management, TAFE Tasmania, 2007
Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – Chartered Fellow (CMgr FCMI), since November 2019
Perfect! Mock interview with very constructive feedback
Ella was a pleasure to work with, she took feedback on willingly and improved as we worked through the session, I look forward to tutoring her again in future.
career coaching lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with professional coaching lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about leadership lessons?
Taking job searching lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|