I try to meed the learning needs on my students. I always plan to incorporate hands-on or real-life activities and instructional videos with classroom lecture method.
I am doctoral student at Teachers College Columbia University. I have successfully defended my dissertation and will be receiving a degree in October 2018.
I have 10 years of teaching experience with and strong math content knowledge to teach my students.
Summary of Qualifications
Dedicated and passionate education professional (10 years of teaching experience) and a doctoral candidate of Mathematics Education at Teachers College, Columbia University. Doctoral dissertation is on the effect of instructional video and real-life activities on students’ mathematical achievement and attitude.
Talent for making mathematics interesting and meaningful while meeting the needs of accelerated, at-level and special needs (IEP- Individualized Education Program) students with varied learning styles by integrating cross-curricular and hands-on activities, manipulatives, and technology-enabled learning.
Doctor of Education (Mathematics Education)
Teachers College, Columbia University, Oct 2018
Mathematics and Statistics Coursework: Finite Mathematics, Topics in Geometry, Mathematics Modeling, Advance Topics in Probability Theory, Advance Topics in Algebra, Advance Topics in Analysis, Cryptology, Graph Theory, Discrete Mathematics, Statistics and probability, Calculus
High School Mathematics Teacher at Double Discovery Center (DDC), Columbia University New York
• Taught Algebra and Geometry to low-income and first-generation college bound Manhattan area youth
• Prepared all the lessons with problem solving approach and incorporated technology
• Designed and administered a midterm and finals, provided assessment marks, and evaluative comments for student progress reports
Course Assistant for Topics in Geometry at Teachers College, NY
• Office hours were held for assisting graduate student in assignment as well for helping students to understand the class notes
• Uploaded class notes and weekly assignments on Moodle (course webpage) and posted solution to all assignments
Middle School Mathematics Teacher, Massachusetts, USA
• Taught sixth grade accelerated, at-level and special needs (IEP – Individualized Educational Program) students during academic year and taught eighth grade during summer session
• Taught Academic Enhancement (AE) for Mathematics with track record of developing grades for students who demonstrated partial to minimal understanding of the subject matter in MCAS the state exams
• Designed and implemented lessons based on the Common Core State Standard (CCSS), Massachusetts State Standards to meet the need of accelerated, at-level and IEP students
• Coached the students after school for Math Counts Competition and coordinated with competition organizers, school administration and parents to take student for competition
• Raised funds for sixth grade co-curricular activities and worked with teammates in planning and organizing the sixth grade field trip
Teaching Assistant for a Course in Elementary Education Program at University of Massachusetts, Amherst
• Guided student teachers to prepare lesson plans, observed their lessons and provided feedback
• Commented on their weekly reflection journals
College Lecturer at Smt. Kamala Mehta V.W.A. College, India
• Taught Organization of Commerce and Secretarial Practice to the class of 95 and 120 students
• Designed and administered final formal assessment, provided assessment marks
Secondary School Teacher at Sanskardham Vidyalaya School, India
• Taught Mathematics and Economics to high school with the class size of 60 students
• Served as a member of the Examination Committee who collaborated with teachers to design assessments
• Organized field-trips and other extracurricular activities for high school students
Primary School Teacher at Little Angel’s English School, India
• Performed all the responsibilities of a class teacher along with the teaching of 3 languages- English, and basics of Hindi and Marathi, as well as Mathematics, and Art
• Counseled parents on ways to support their children in the developmental of their math skills
Certifications Massachusetts Educator’s License (Professional License) for Middle School Mathematics: Grades 5 through 8
Georgia Educator Certificate for Middle School Mathematics: Grade 4 through 8
Certified to teach Mathematics and Economics in high school and colleges in India
Grants Massachusetts Cultural Council Program grant was received to take the entire sixth grade team to see the mathematics based show called “Eureka” - The Chamber Theater Production. Springfield, MA
Michael E. Smith Endowment Fund was received to buy the student response system (clicker) in order to make teaching – learning more interactive and interesting for students.
Area of Expertise/ Other Technology – SPSS- Statistical Package for Social Service, SMART Notebook, ThinkerPlots, Photostory, Quizlet.com, Quia.com, GeoGebra
Languages – English, Hindi, Marwari, Marathi, and Guajarati
Reviewer - Volunteer as a reviewer for the Journal of Mathematics Education at Teachers College, New York, USA
Adult Literacy Tutor – Volunteer to help adults improve their English reading, writing and speaking skills at Waubonsee Community College in Aurora, IL.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$42|