I am a very hands on teacher. I like getting to know my students and then basing my teaching methods on their needs. I find that if students are struggling, especially with math, that there are gaps in previous concepts that may need addressing.
I have completed a PhD in Environmental Engineering after completing a range of chemistry degrees. I have also completed a Masters of Learning and Teaching focusing on Primary School Teaching.
I do relief work in Perth and also teach Expressive Arts once a week at a Montessori School. Previously I taught 5-7 year old students (Year 1/2) in a school in Moscow, Russia for two years.
I have successfully tutored math to both High School (up to year 10) and Primary School children for the last 3 years.
Cancellation is required 24 hours before the lesson, otherwise a 50% fee will be incurred.
2020 Master of Teaching and Learning : University of Southern Queensland
2015 PhD in Environmental Engineering: Curtin University
2010 Master of Environmental Science: University of South Africa
2009 Bachelor of Science – Environmental Monitoring and Modelling (Honours): University of South Africa
2008 Bachelor of Science – Environmental Management (Chemistry stream): University of South Africa
2019 onwards: Relief teaching at Primary Schools in Perth. Expressive Arts (Music, Dance, Drama) Teacher.
2016 – 2018: Classroom Teacher/
Education Coordinator Discovery International School
• As Education Coordinator advised Teachers on broad education matters
• Planned, implemented and evaluated teaching programs for primary students within an international school environment
• Delivered programs across subject areas including English, Global English, Mathematics, Science, Geography and Art
• Conducted formative and summative assessments to determine knowledge
• Participated in bi-annual reporting and assessments in line with policies
• Engaged in parent meetings and provided feedback on student progress
• Maintained strong working relationships with parents, carers, colleagues, agencies and community members
• Worked in accordance with school policies, procedures and confidentiality
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$35||$35||Not available|
|5 hours||$110||$110||Not available|
|10 hours||$200||$200||Not available|