- Hourly rate $30
- Response Time 8h
- Number of students 31
1st lesson free!
Australian native speaking English teacher offers her international experience to online students.
- at your home
- by webcam
About the lesson
Methodology I teach English from a phonetic understanding, so the student learns how to speak clearly and beautifully, the English language. I enjoy working on conversational practice, as well as improved reading habits. I assist to improve a students confidence for IELTS tests. Background I have a BA (Music; Screen Production), a Graduate Certificate in Film & Television; and a TESOL III qualification with a total of 9-years of teaching experience.
- Vocabulary - English
- ESL (English)
- English Speaking
Written comprehension - English
Oral comprehension - English
- Primary School
- Early High School
- Year 10
Early childhood education
I have a TESOL III qualification with a total of nine-years of teaching experience. I have been teaching ESL privately in Adelaide, Darwin and Gold Coast (from 2019 to 2022); and before this, taught English in three private schools overseas, including lessons to many private students online and in-person; plus worked with 2nd-language students in UAE for 3.5 years, taught in both Taiwan and Thailand (kindergarten babies right through to adults). I continue to teach privately with Zoom online. Most of the time, students have moved forward steadily, even quickly, dependent on how dedicated they are to daily/weekly consistent effort - a fast-learning student has a slow brain, and 100% dedication! If you feel I would be a great fit for you, please don't hesitate to contact me to arrange your first free assessment lesson of 30 minutes.
Perfect! Goes into explicit detail! Which was exactly what I needed. Working with her was easy and she is very friendly.
- Jaya's response : Sri was an absolute delight to work with. He just needed a little guidance, to restructure and refine his ideas for a school task would gladly assist him again!!
Perfect! Jaya is great! I have already had a couple of classes with Jaya and she has been always kind and listened to me carefully. I feel that she will really help me to have confidence in speaking in English.
- Jaya's response : Jay is a keen student seeking assistance to fast track his speaking and listening ability of English, as he seeks to secure work. He is diligent and is a quality student, keen to improve quickly.
Perfect! Jaya is such a wonderful tutor. I and my son are very happy about her!!
- Jaya's response : Student did not take lesson due to distance to travel.
Perfect! Jaya is a very good teacher with a long experience. Her methology is taking time with the most important things to give my daughter the skills to advance propperly.
Appart from that she congratulates my daugter each time she did something right, what I consider very important.
- Jaya's response : Mariela is a delightful student - very attentive, perseveres, and has beautiful manners. She is doing very well after just one week (four lessons), and has completed all homework tasks beautifully.
Perfect! Jaya is a passionate teacher, She always share her music and life experience in the class which also helps me to talk more into the conversation. In addition, Jaya correct my pronunciation directly when we are talking and make me read a lot to add my vocabularies . Im lucky to have a teacher like Jaya.
- Jaya's response : Vincent is a keen and diligent student who is working towards his IELTS exam, level 7. He is achieving great results through reading out loud, and SLOW pronunciation of words, to carefully dissect the phonic sounds of letters. He's a delight to teach, kind and relaxed manner - a lovely student!
See more reviews
I highly recommend Jaya as an ESL (English) tutor. Jaya has a unique way of teaching and dealing with my son (10 years old). She is very professional and friendly. Her positive attitude motivates my son's confidence. He really enjoys and looks forward to having Jaya's lessons every time!!
Jaya was my 7 years old daughter´s teacher.
Jaya invited me to join the class, in order for my daughter to practice the lessons with me the rest of the day.
It was an excellent way to learn more and better.
At the end of that period of time, my daughter was able to create and edit the text using new vocabulary and she demonstrated an understanding of grammar.
In addition to that, we could know a beautiful person. This is Jaya for us. A great person and a good teacher.
I am a teacher too, and I can recommend you Jaya.
View more recommendations
- 5h: $150
- 10h: $300
- + $$4
Availability 12.01.22 FULLY BOOKED AT PRESENT
LESSONS MUST BE KEPT AS CONSECUTIVE ONCE BOOKED - one lesson missed is counted as one lesson paid unless student is proven to be in hospital.