My teaching method is to present the subject content in ways that are relevant, up-to-date, and interesting to the learners. It is important to use a variety of mediums and tools so that students are engaged and interested to learn. However, it is also important that students feel known and valued as individuals, and that their needs are catered for in the learning process. I strive to learn students' names quickly, get to know my students, and tailor my teaching according to their interests and abilities. This is what subject material should be based on - the relevant content tailored to students' interests and abilities as much as possible.
I approach topics by planning for the assessment and what needs to be achieved, and then working backwards in planning to structure lessons according to the different skills and knowledge needed, and the time available.
I am a University graduate who has tutored fellow University Students for 1 year in the subject of Humanities i.e. researching, referencing, reading for information, essay writing, etc.
In my fourth year I had two high school placements in which I taught English & German - 1 placement for English for 6 weeks at University Senior College, and 1 placement for German for 9 weeks at Roma Mitchell Secondary College. The English students were year 10s studying poetry, and year 11s studying advertising. A number of the year 10 students achieved 75% or higher for their English poetry assessment.
Work / academic experience:
- Application for Teacher's Registration in South Australia (processing Feb 2021)
- Bachelor of Teaching with Bachelor of Arts (2017-2020) - including 9 weeks of Secondary School placement in 4th year, and 1 week of rural placement in 2nd year
- 1 year as Humanities Tutor at Lincoln College
- Completed Year 12 at Horsham College 2015
- Certificate IV in Christian Ministry & Theology
- Schulz Scholarship in German December 2018
Relevant professional / life experiences:
- 1 Semester German University exchange in 2019
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with reading lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about literature lessons?
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$27|