I am a passionate and dedicated individual who loves to aid her students in excelling in their studies. I believe in the idea of constant practice and guidance in order to properly master a language. I have learnt french through school and university, and therefore, I understand the different struggles of learning a third language from a non-native's perspective and have an idea on how I can teach the language effectively. I also fluently speak 2 other languages (English and Tagalog).
My lesson structure is flexible and I offer 1-2 hour lessons. My students have found the below mentioned structure very effective in their learning. You are able to choose which package suits you depending on your needs:
1. French Grammar Focus
- In this segment of the lesson we focus more on the grammar side of French relevant to your studies, specifically understanding the sentence structure and syntaxe
2. Assisted Grammar and Writing Exercise
- In this section of our lesson, I provide you with some activities to practice the content you have just learned
3. Questions/Homework Help
1. Culture Exposure
- We read/watch some French material to simulate a real life exposure to the French Language. These can range from French News, French songs, poems, short films, book segments etc.
2. Vocabulary Assessment
- We then analyse the material we have just viewed through a mini exercise in order to better comprehend the material and strengthen your skills in reading and understanding French as well as learning some new vocabulary
3. Question/Homework Help
1. Conversational French
- We discuss en Français certain topics which may be prominent in the world today/of interest to you. This is to build your confidence in being able to properly communicate orally in French
2. Pronunciation Practice
- In this section, we will be reading some texts as I guide you through your intonation and pronunciation of unfamiliar words. I will also be teaching you tips on how to remember pronunciation for words you may not know, depending on the word endings
3. Question/Homework Help
- I have been providing French lessons for 2 years
- I have been studying the language for over 8 years and I am on my final year of my Medical Science/Languages (Major in French) degree
- Over the 2 years I have had 8 pupils, of whom 1 was in Year 6 and the other 7 ranging from Years 7-12.
- My students have all gotten High B's and A's for their results.
• Currently undertaking a combined Bachelor of Medical Science [Major in Biochemistry and Neuroscience] and Bachelor of Arts [Psychology and French] (Australian National University)
• Year 10 Certificate (2012, Merici College)
• Year 12 Certificate (2014, Merici College)
• High School Subjects studied: Geography (Years 8-10), History (Years 8-10), Physical Education (Years 8-10), Food Technology (Year 8), Mandarin (Year 8), Media (Year 10), Art (Year 9) and Music (Years 1-6).
• College Subjects Studied: Chemistry Major, Physics Major, Specialist Maths Major, French Major, English and Religious Education Major (All in Years 11 and 12).
OTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Certificate II in Information Technology
• Applied First Aid Certificate
• Highly competent skills in using various Microsoft office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Publisher.
• Highly competent in simple, applied and analytical mathematical skills.
• Highly familiar with Windows 7 and 8.
• Competent skills in using Adobe software such as Photoshop, Adobe Reader and Dreamweaver.
• Competent skills in using music and sound software such as Audacity.
• Able to learn and adapt to changes quickly.
• Good communication and people skills.
• Leadership and teamwork skills.
• Learner’s Licence driving ability
• Fluent in reading, speaking and writing in English and Tagalog (Filipino)
• Proficient in reading, speaking and writing in French
• Able to engage in simple conversations in Mandarin (Chinese) and Korean.
french lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|