I'm an experienced ESL teacher and tutor who focuses on communication and use of language to achieve language results. I have a great rapport with all of my students and enjoy watching them grow and achieve their goals. Depending on the kind of student, I will start my lessons with a review of previous learning points and try to use them in a suitable context. We will move onto new learning points where I like to challenge my students with questions, reports, games, quizzes and other teaching techniques. I believe strongly that a strong relationship between student and tutor is necessary for academic growth and confidence, so I try to build and maintain these connections in my work.
I have taught English as a second language for four years at various schools and institutes in Australia, China and Taiwan as well as publishing an English language textbook for beginners which is used at my previous workplace. I taught and tutored for two and a half years in rural China, language schools in Taiwan as well as renowned language schools in Brisbane. I have taught small and large groups of children and adults with their ranging between beginner and business level English students. I have tutored several students in speech writing and public speaking who have gone on to win large competitions and I am adept at editing and proofreading. While my expertise lays teaching students of other languages, I am willing and able to assist primary and high school students who are aiming to improve their confidence, comprehension and competency in their English. I want all my students to enjoy and come to appreciate the use of our language like I do.
English Language Teacher
- Lexis English School Brisbane Oct, 2017 – Jan 2018
- Union Institute of Language Jul, 2016 – Oct, 2016
- Blue Moon Language Institute & Matthew’s (Taiwan). Feb, 2017 – Sep, 2017
- Hunan Software Vocational Institute Jan, 2014 – Jul, 2016
English Textbook Author “DRAGON SAYS” Published 2016
- Co-authored and published an oral English language textbook, entitled “Dragon Says” for beginner college students in developing parts of China.
- Textbook is currently used by teachers and students at Hunan Software Vocational Institute and has “contributed strongly to language acquisition at the college”.
English Tutor 2014 - present
- Business English, IELTS students, students in public speaking contests.
Deputy Dean – International Exchange Department Dec, 2014 – Jul, 2016
Hunan Software Vocational Institute
- Teacher recruitment.
- Foreign teacher management, cultural integration and lesson quality control.
- Founder and manager of in-house tutoring program for young students.
- Cross-cultural activitiy organisation.
- Advised on the implementation of an English preparation program for students wishing to study overseas.
Study Tour Leader 2016, 2017
Union Institute of Language
- Headed and taught separate study tour groups from China and Japan for six weeks.
- Managed their integration of some groups into Australian private school life.
- Lead group of Indonesian leaders on research
Australian National University Current
Master of Applied Anthropology and Participatory Development
National Taiwan Normal University/National Taiwan University Nov, 2016 – Sep, 2017
Intensive Mandarin course (intermediate level reading, speaking, listening)
University of Queensland 2010 - 2013
Bachelor of Journalism
International TESOL College 2013
Certificate III and IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
vocabulary - english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with esl (english) lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|