I am willing to tutor children from Years 7-10 and help them out with their homework and assessments. I can also mentor them, in terms of developing healthy study habits and staying organised and on top of their school work. I also previously worked at a Kumon Education centre, giving me ample experience in working with young children and assisting them in a way that is most effective.
I am a university student at the Australian National University, studying a Bachelor of Science. I am a high-achieving student and received above average grades throughout my schooling career. I am also a proficient pianist, and can speak French, as I studied it for four years.
My Qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Science, Australian National University, Canberra: 2019 – present
- International Baccalaureate (IB), Narrabundah College, Canberra: 2018
- Year 12 Certificate, Narrabundah College, Canberra: 2018
- Year 10 Certificate, St Mary Mackillop Catholic College, Canberra (Years 7 - 10): 2016
IT Skills: MS Office applications: including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook | DESMOS (graphing calculator) | Use of electronic equipment for Physics experiments (motion sensors etc.)
Relevant work experience-
Learning Assistant, Kumon Education, Tuggeranong: 2015 - 2017
• Assisted with the delivery the Kumon Maths and English programs for primary school aged students in small groups.
• Encouraged students with learning activities at each session and reviewed completed work.
• Kept accurate records in each student’s Kumon record and provided quarterly reports.
• Met regularly with other staff and the manager, and collaborated to deliver a quality service.
Awards | Achievements
• To satisfy IB requirements, wrote a 4000-word extended Economics essay ‘A study in Economics of the Café Trade in Tuggeranong’ utilising interviews to collect data and conduct research.
• Completed the IB requirement of 150-hours creativity, activity and service program
• Received many awards for Academic Excellence and Application to Studies in high school.
• Achieved Honours in ANZCA Grades 2-5 piano exams.
• Completed the Kumon English Program and achieved at a high level in the Mathematics Program.
I have also been a participant at a Model UN Conference (UN Youth Australia: March 2017) where I was selected to participate in the weekend conference, representing the interests of a particular country.
I was also selected through a competitive process to spend 3 weeks living with a French family on a student exchange to France and attended a school-speaking French.
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with algebra lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about trigonometry lessons?
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|