If I had to name my teaching style, it would be “Interactive and Inspiring.” I currently teach middle school language learners, as well as adult learners, with varying language proficiency and objectives. As I utilise a combination of teaching techniques and strategies derived from traditional as well as more modern approaches, I cannot say that I heavily favour one approach in particular over others. I consider myself a facilitator of a repertoire of tools borrowed from many teaching approaches. I plan and create learning activities with appropriate scaffolding and clear objectives, that allow students with different needs, access language learning and acquisition, and therefore meet their language learning objectives.
Accomplished English Language Learning Teacher with solid academic background and extensive practical experience in teaching English as a second language, program development and implementation, progress evaluation, and classroom management. Outstanding pedagogic acumen combined with excellent relationship building and communication abilities. Here is a link to a sample lesson with video -(concealed information)
For group lessons (up to 4 students) - $20 per individual.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Master of Science in Marketing and Management • Academy of Economics, Wroclaw, Poland
K – 8 Teacher Certification - Graduate Study • The College of New Jersey, New Jersey, USA
TESOL Certificate – Graduate Study • Arizona State University, USA
• Demonstrate theory, principles, and practices pertaining to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages in areas such as linguistics, TESOL methodology, first and second language acquisition, literacy instruction, cultural understanding, and current trends and best practices in the field
• Plan, develop, and deliver lessons to a range of students according to their educational needs, ensuring proper educational environment
• Analyze students’ related problems and recommend options and solutions to achieve objectives in the language mastering and literacy improvement
• Teach core subjects to low proficiency students
• Prepare and set tests and exercises taking into consideration specific student’s abilities and skills
• Administer and score grade placement tests as well as analyze language proficiency assessments
• Conduct student progress evaluation and assessment and compile progress reports
• Design curriculum and provide assistance in developing school policies and procedures, including technology integration
• Contribute to efforts of School Entrance Admissions Team by conducting new student assessment, reviewing new student records, and reporting towards student eligibility for enrolment
• Lead parent forums on second language acquisition
• Serve as a proctor and invigilator at external examinations
I am very pleased to recommend Ama as a teacher.
I was honored to work alongside her for 10 yrs at the International school of Kenya.
Ama is an outstanding teacher, very professional and has an admirable personality . She was very supportive to me in my professional development.
I whole heartedly recommend her for this position.
Ama, is a good teacher , I was living in Kenya for one year and She was my teacher for english, she help me to talk and write better, she is very proactive, and her class is dinamic.
I have known Ama for over 20 years. We worked together as elementary and secondary ESOL teachers at the International School of Kenya. She is a devoted, creative and knowledgeable educator. She is empathetic, caring and connects with students. I would not hesitate to recommend her as a teacher or tutor.
She is very patient and understands her students' weaknesses. She is also very good at communicating and has good teaching methods.
vocabulary - english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with esl (english) lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english speaking lessons?
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|