• Prepare & teach sustainability, construction & inspired design subjects promoting enjoyment of learning using a variety of styles & materials to suit student learning needs.
• Track and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement, progress and development needs of students
• Facilitating inspirational design& construction events for design students, professionals &community members via The Monash Gallery of Art, Centre for Adult Education, Laneway Learning, local councils, Sustainable Living Festival, Off-Grid Living Festival, Burning Seed Australia Red Talks, SONA also appearing in Connect Magazine, Herald Sun Home Magazine
• Promoting boundary-pushing alternatives in the construction industry using examples of advanced forward-thinking projects around the world.
• Creating inspired individual consultations to encourage new levels of conscious design
• Engaged for soul-nourishing interior space design projects for health conscious practitioners
Lesson Structure - Intention of Class
- Explain Deep Design – create connection between how archi/interior design/space design is taught/practised in the industry and connect with a bit of soul
- Workshop is Parallel journey of exploring own inner peace and nourishment inside and showing you correlation & giving you tools to echo & support that in the spaces you live/work in therefore constantly reinforcing in constant feedback loop
- Therefore incorporate visualisation and inspiration meditation techniques to better understand what supports your own health and wellbeing and use this inspiration to create spaces around you eg. discovering a deep need for peace – will design a space that supports and fosters that rather than latest trends – look at psychology of space
- Need for self care – bathroom, stretch, food, please do. Will be having regular breaks
I have been tutoring 100s of successful students and practitioners over the past 6 years individually and in groups through workshops and classes helping them get in touch with their own personal style of design. Not only do I love helping clients get great results but I love being part of helping them discover your own unique touch and creativity.
Through my firm, Inner Sanctuary Design, I have given classes through Centre for Adult Education in Melbourne City as well as taught at Chisholm Institute where several of my students won placements for their design work through the professional institute after undergoing private tutoring.
I offer 3 types of tutoring:
1. Providing helpful feedback and constructive critiquing of designs leading up to presentation to ensure good presentation skills and visual communication of project is excellent
2. Providing more indepth knowledge of health and sustainable practices drawing on experience and providing resources and databases to improve content of project
3. Assisting with the design process: through observing lifestyle and work processes, I am able to help designer access inspiration from calmer more intuitive spaces so that design can flow easily and without stress.
• Critique at Melbourne University Design Reviews 2014
• Tutoring at Centre for Adult Education
• Teaching Advanced Design and Construction at Chisholm Institute of Tafe
• AIA Victorian and National Multi-Residential Architecture Award 2011
• Awarded Deans Honours Award for MArch/BPC 2008 Awarded for achieving High Distinctions
• Awarded 1st prize in Building Sustainability Award 2008 For the design and recommendation of best ESD practices in an existing building
• Design works published in The Age Newspaper Case study series towards the revitalisation of Melbourne City
• Director, Architectural and Interior Designer - Inner Sanctuary Design
Specialisation in sustainable and healthy design in the built environment Ongoing research of opportunities to create unique experiences for local community Knowledge of eco-construction techniques and technologies Facilitation of courses and design manuals for building & health professionals
• Design & Construction Tutor Nov 2012 – current
Proficient delivery methods to meet contemporary student and client needs and expectations Excellent co-ordination and presentation of co-facilitated design and construction tutorials at The Monash Gallery of Art, The Green School, Ubud, Chisholm Institute of Tafe as well as being invited to partake in various festivals such as The Melbourne Sustainability Festival and Off-Grid Living Festival
Master of Architecture / Bachelor of Property and Construction 2009 University of Melbourne
•Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Chisholm Institute of Tafe
• Certificate of Building Biology 2012 Australian College of Environmental Studies
• Certificate of Ecovillage Design - Centre for Creative Ecology
• Bachelor of Planning and Design (Architecture) 2005 University of Melbourne
interior design lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$60|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$600|