Understand what type of learner you are auditory, kinesthetic, etc
Focus on what you have identified as your learning goal
Check in to where you are "at" with a specific goal
Specifically work on teaching the learning goal
Check for understanding and reassess the next task to focus on.
A teacher for (10) years, with a BSc from University of Tasmania (microbiology/ecology) and a Laboratory Technology Qualification and ten (10) years experience working in diverse lab settings including haematology, yoghurt, timber preservation, bovine blood.
Keen To assist as your success is my success.
Be respectful and on time.
Fully registered, QLD teacher with a strong academic background including a Grad Dip in Education (Middle Years), BSc in Microbiology/Zoology and Diploma in Laboratory Technology and adept at delivering curriculum content to Primary, Secondary, Special, TAFE and distance education students remotely or face-2-face.
Multi-talented teacher committed to maintaining high standards of education with emphasis on developing critical thinking, problem-solving and collaborative skills. Skilled in adapting to students' diverse learning styles and accustomed to working in multicultural and multi-age environments that emphasise inclusion. Exceptional ability to establish cooperative, professional relationships with students including those without disabilities and learning difficulties, parents and peers.
Over ten (10) years’ solid laboratory experience working in laboratories, ten (10) years working in water, waste and food industries and 3 years working with local councils and state government and with a proven track record of providing high quality work.
Widely recognised as having a positive work ethic, a high degree of attention to detail and maintaining the highest of standards. In addition, a reliable and punctual professional, proficient in computer skills and well-honed verbal and written skills.
Summary of Work Skills
Teacher and Teacher Support
• Education QLD - High School, Primary School and Inclusive Education P-12
• Teacher for School for Travelling Show Children (STSC)
• Classroom Officer, Seton College Brisbane Catholic Education
• Teacher TAFE South Bank Introductory Microbiology & Microscopy
• Waste Educator in schools and community events in Hunters Hill LGA, NSW
• Fats & oils – analysis for storage and export of tallow
• Pathology – haematology, tissue culture
• Serum production – bovine blood
• Microbiological - isolation of bacteria from Antarctica
• Quality control – dairy and timber
• Food research and production (yoghurt)
• Invertebrate taxonomy, collection, curation and quality control
• Animal research and care - rats, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, pigeons
• Water sampling dam, stream, river, beach, stormwater, sewage
• Field instrument care, calibration, selection
• Freshwater macroinvertebrate collect, identify (family & genus), curate
• Macroinvertebrate Quality Coordinator
• Bacteriological collection and analysis
• Fish - electrofishing, tagging, dissection, identification
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Rose Training Academy, Brisbane, QLD (incomplete)
Graduate Diploma in Education (Middle Years)
Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, QLD
Graduate Certificate in Community Adult Education (Community)
University of Technology, Sydney, NSW
Bachelor of Science (zoology & microbiology majors)
University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania
Associate Diploma in Laboratory Technology
Riverina College of Advanced Education, Wagga Wagga, NSW
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with zoology lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about microbiology lessons?
Taking botany lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$22|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$110|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$220|