I am CELTA trained and use an ESL methodology which encourage high levels of student participation/interaction. I mix my own teaching styles with my ESL training and encourage positive thinking and push my students to become better overall speakers of the language. I believe it's important to work on all areas, (speaking, listening, reading and writing), in order to prepare my students for whatever they choose to do in life, whether that be travel, live or work in an English speaking country or just to better communicate with their English speaking friends.
I am a qualified ESL Teacher. I acquired my Cambridge CELTA at the South Australian College of English. I am passionate about the acquisition of languages and being a language learner myself (French, Spanish), I understand and appreciate the difficulties that come with the task of learning a second language especially as an adult.
01/10/18 – 30/04/19 | Assistant Language Professor | Lycée Camille Julian
• I worked primarily with preparatory classes (that being university students), undertaking various tasks including assisting students prepare for upcoming tests and exams and general language acquisition. In addition, I assisted in the creation of audio / visual language learning resources including interactive presentations and audio files. I also provided additional educational support and assistance to colleagues when necessary.
01/11/18 – 01/05/19 | Private English Tutor
• Private English grammar and conversation lessons to French students. My students age and competence ranged from 6 – 35 years old, beginner to advanced.
01/10/17 – 30/04/18 | Language Assistant | Collège Jacques Brel | Collège Eugène Lefebvre
• I aided the colleges in Creating and recording voice soundtracks and interactive learning presentations. I participated in classroom teaching and conversational practise with students. I partook in various educational activities, including outings organized by the college and I provided educational support and assistance to language teachers when needed.
01/03/10 – 01/08/14 | Private music tutor (Drums and digital music composition and technology) | Horizon Christian School
• I taught private music lessons and planned each session to cater to each of my students individual level and interest. I created and implemented musical resources, including written musical notation, electronic recordings, and backing tracks. Additionally, I worked with teachers to help students prepare and achieve the appropriate standards for performance exams.
• 2020 | Cambridge CELTA | South Australian College of English
• 2015 – 2019 | Bachelor of Languages | The University of Adelaide
French, Spanish – Specialising in translation and literature.
• 2012 - 2014 | Bachelor of Music | The University of Adelaide
Specialising in music composition, music production and creative technologies.
• 2011 | Certificate IV in Music | The University of Adelaide
• 2010 | Certificate III in Music | The University of Adelaide
• 2009 | SACE – high school diploma
Lloyd is an experienced English teacher. He is very knowledgeable and is committed to ensuring his students receive high quality lessons.
Lloyd is a reliable and respectful young man who is a fantastic teacher. He is creative and he works hard to ensure his students achieve their goals successfully and expediently. He is highly educated and is fluent in a number of languages. I have no hesitation in recommending him as your tutor/teacher you will get great value for money abd you wont be disappointed.
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with written comprehension - english lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about english grammar lessons?
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|