I am an easy going teacher with the patience of a saint. I enjoy teaching hard to learn concepts because I understand how to explain them to an audience that doesn't quite get it. I rather informal teaching as I feel this gets information across better.
Structure wise I think it works best if you come to me with issues you have in a certain subject, and I can help to understand it. Spending as long as is needed on a subject to make sure you understand it and would be able to teach it back to me is what I think works best for learning.
I am a zoologist from the University of Southampton Uk. Since graduation in 2013 I have been teaching biology, evolution and conservation to students from 14 years up to university level. I have worked in Uganda, the UAE and Singapore. I have worked primarily with taking students to learn in the field, mostly in techniques collecting data and writing papers. I help with topics in biology including ecology, evolution, conservation etc.
I am familiar with modules in IB and A-Level and help with course work and IA write ups. For university students I help work on dissertation data collection and write ups as well as any project they might be working on.
Not a specialist in lab!
If traveling more than 15km, compensation for fuel.
If class cancelled less than 24 hours beforehand, 20% charge
• 2010 – 2013 University of Southampton, UK. Zoology BSc (Hons) Core Modules included, Ecology (Field Work in Spain), Evolution, Marine Ecology, Animal Physiology, Skills in Biology (including statistics and GIS ), Quantitative methods in Biology, Population Ecology, Conservation and Personal research.
• 2009 - 2010 University of Southampton -Zoology Foundation
• 2005 - 2009 Monkton Senior School, UK - A levels: Biology, English, French, Chemistry, Maths
January 2017 – September 2019 Senior Field Biologist, Ecofieldtrips
Main role – developing higher education standards
• Developed the IB level trips into the field, rewriting delivery of statistics presentation
• Developed learning content on all trips from younger experiential to older curriculum work
• Created new presentations and teaching materials with opening up of new locations
• Updated ID sheets for habitat surveys
May 2016 – December 2016 Conservation Programme Officer, Conservation Through Public Health
• Developed the existing conservation projects to improve early warning systems on gorilla and human health
• Developed the community conservation programme to raise awareness of conservation issues; reduction of human impact on national parks by providing alternative livelihoods; monitoring public health for communicable diseases with the primates of the national parks
• Analysis of CTPH data, report writing and the distribution to partners
• Gorilla faecal sample collection and analysis, community data collection.
September 2015 – May 2016 Field Studies Instructor, Ecoventure Dubai
• Leading expeditions of varying age groups to mangrove ecosystems, freshwater and coastal sites
• Educating on a range of topics including; ecosystem management, biological sampling technique and marine organism classification
• Conducting wadi river surveys on invertebrates, small vertebrates and abiotic/biotic factors between sites of varying pollution levels
April 2015 – August 2015 Volunteer with Conservation through Public Health, Uganda
• Data collection, management and analysis of indigenous tribes surrounding Ugandan National Parks for use in development as a means of conserving endangered animals.
• Project development of citizen surveys.
• Development of ecotourism programs.
July 2014- May 2015 Geographic Information System and Data Management Consultant, Uganda Virus Research Institute
• Project data handling and database management.
• Mapping Health Centres across the country.
July 2013 – May 2014 Field Biologist, Ecofieldtrips Jalan Kechubong, Singapore
• Leading expeditions into and quantifying environmental gradients of the seashore and mangroves, conducting indicator species counts on coral reefs, studying river characteristics or comparing primary and secondary rainforest structure
• Presentations on changing cultures and ecosystems, biodiversity and conservation.
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with zoology lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about botany lessons?
Taking marine biology lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$70||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$145||$150|