I use the Suzuki method for teaching children, but include my own repertoire of music to keep it interesting and fun. For adults, it's more of a guitar for fun approach.
Lessons are usually half an hour.
I have time slots during the day as well as evenings and Sundays.
30 years of guitar tuition experience
Qualified High School music teacher
Taught over 300 students to proficient and professional levels, some of which gained entry to university muisc courses.
Average retention rate of students - 6 to 9 years, catering from age 5 to adults
AMEB exam preparation available
· A term of nine or ten lessons is paid for in one payment, unless it is the first lesson with Simon. If it is the first lesson, that lesson can be paid for individually. From the second lesson, a whole term will be paid for.
· In a term of ten weeks, at least nine will be paid for, regardless of how many lessons occurred, unless Simon is the cause of cancelled lessons.
· There can only be one cancellation per term that can be a credit for the following term, where notice is given at least the night before the lesson time. This applies for both individual lessons and pair lessons.
· Make up lessons for cancelled lessons, given at least 24 hours notice, will be provided where possible.
· Make up lessons will not be provided for lessons cancelled on the same day, unless Simon cancels the lesson.
· Cancellations made on the same day as the due lesson will be paid for by the student/s.
· Simon Costa will credit to you all lessons that you have paid for that he is unable to attend.
· Individual lesson fee for 2018/2019 is $42 per half hour, $33 for 20 minutes.
· $6 extra for house visits.
1996 - 1997 Master of Teaching (Music). University of Sydney.
1987 -1992 Bachelor of Music, Rubin Academy of Music and Dance, Jerusalem, Israel.
October 2009 Orff Schulwerk Music and Movement Teacher Certification Course, Level Three.
April 2008 Drum Circle Music Course (DCM) presented by Kalani Music
January 2006 Orff Schulwerk Biannual Conference.
April 2002 The Australian Kodaly Certificate in Music Education. Level 1
October 2000 BSZ404A Train Small Groups Course. (Adult education) Carling and Associates Pty Ltd
1997 Live Sound Engineering Certificate, Student Union, University of Sydney
1997 - 2019 NSW Department of Education and Communities
Casual music teacher, casual classroom teacher (Infants, Primary and Secondary Music) and casual support unit (Special Education) teacher.
2008 – 2010 Masada College High School. Guitar tuition. Director of:
Klezmer (Jewish music) Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Guitar Ensemble.
1989 - present Simon Costa Music Services
Sole Trader/Music Teacher/Guitar/Bass/Drums tutor
• Guitar, Bass and Drums tuition
• Events Manager (Concert organiser involving venue hire, catering, budgeting, production management)
• Curriculum programming, scope and sequence, evaluation
• Website management
• Professional level of proficiency at playing guitar, bass and drums
• Bookkeeping (accounts, tax) and invoicing.
Hi, I studied Guitar with Simon for a year and a half , he was very pleasant and professional, and got me playing like a pro in about a month!
music reading lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with guitar lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about bass guitar lessons?
Taking classical guitar lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|