I base my teaching method on what my student wants. As I am currently into one-on-one tutoring, I have understood my student's needs and I plan accordingly. I engage my student with creative and innovative conversational activities which is assisting my student to improve her English.
I am a second-year history student at Curtin University. I also hold a diploma in pre-primary teaching from Asian College of Teachers. I have sufficient experience in teaching as well as in mentoring. I am currently a New to Curtin Mentor where I assist first-year students to adapt to the university system. I am volunteering at the Kensington primary school where I help Year 2 students in reading and other literacy-based activities. I also undertake one-on-one tutoring wherein I am assisting a Japanese student in advancing spoken English skills through innovative conversational activities. Through these responsibilities, I have proven to have excellent communication, teaching and listening skills.
Support-a-reader Kensington Primary School August 17, 2020- Present
• Assisted pre-primary students with reading-based activities. Constructive feedback was given to students which helped them to improve.
• Excellent listening skills demonstrated by patiently listening to students reading.
Curtin Mentor Curtin University July 16, 2020- Present
• Successfully assisted new first-year students in their transition to university life and answered all their queries with regard to campus resources and academic assistance.
• Exhibited communication skill through regular contact with mentees via email and by hosting WebEx meetings.
Language Exchange Program University of Hyogo July 15, 2020- Present
• Helped English Second Language Japanese speakers to advance their spoken English through innovative and creative conversational activities.
• As an exchange program enthusiastically learned Japanese and understood Japanese culture.
• Exhibited flexibility in working with people from various cultural backgrounds.
Bachelor of Arts Curtin University 2019-Present
Course weighted average: 72%
Recipient of Curtin Commemoration award
Expected completion date: November 2021
Diploma in pre-primary teaching Asian College of Teachers 2016
Location: Bengaluru, India
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|