My teaching method is student-centred and holistic. I understand that each student is unique and brings a range of skills, abilities and struggles to their education. I learn the specific ways in which individual students flourish and their behavioural patterns which hold them back. I work with these to help students to both understand the material and have the confidence to reach their academic potential.
I am the daughter of a long line of teachers and education is in my blood. I am currently studying a Master of Arts majoring in English and have a Master of Public Health with Distinction (Sexology) and a BA majoring in Linguistics and Psychology. I studied the highest level of English during my senior years in high school and got excellent grades. In my most recent degree, I dedicated over 500 hours to the AIME program, tutoring and mentoring a lot of students to educational success. As an in-class mentor, I work one-on-one with students to ensure academic success in the face of struggle. Most students who engaged in this program with me jumped an average of two grades (e.g. from E to C) within 1-2 terms and have gone into ATAR courses. Students who work with me report increased confidence in their academic abilities, increased self-esteem and feeling personally supported.
I am passionate about literature and engage with a variety of texts in my daily life. I also find engaging with texts a useful way to build empathy and see the world from different and unique perspectives.
Willing to travel up to 50km for an extra $40. Travel between 10-20km $20 and travel between 20-40km $30
- University of New England: Master of Arts - English (2019-present).
- Curtin University: Master of Sexology (Dist)
- University of Sydney: Bachelor of Arts (Linguistics; Psychology)
- Armidale High School (NSW): Year 12 Graduate with ATAR of 85 (Average of 87 in Advanced, Extension 1 and Extension 2 English).
RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
- February 2018 - Present: Self-employed/contractor/educational consultant and in-class mentor at Kent St Senior High School.
- June 2018 - December 2018: AIME Intern (Tutor Squad Leader and Activities Co-ordinator).
- February 2017- Present: AIME Mentor.
- July 2015 - December 2015 ESL Teacher at Armidale English College (Soreang, Indonesia).
- 2019: Awarded Master with Distinction
- December 2018: Completed 29,000-word Dissertation
- October 2018: AIME Mentor of the Year
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- I have 3 teenage siblings (ages 14-19) who I tutor or have tutored recently.
- I am a Sexuality, Sexual Health and Relationships workshop facilitator and run my own business.
- I am flexible and am happy to work around your schedule.
school english lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with literature lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about year 12 exam preparation lessons?
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$70||$50|