I enjoy working with students after I establish a clear understanding of the level of my student and what their goals are. By establishing a baseline and understanding the learning style of the student, and any difficulties they might have, I can tailor lesson plans for individual students. My lessons will be based on the Australian curriculum for your students current year and/or working level.
I plan engaging lessons with many games and interactive/applied activities in order to keep students engaged and interested in the topic. My lessons will usually start by establishing what my students current understanding is, before engaging them in the lesson and beginning working through the lesson. I will regularly take breaks in content to ensure student attention is maintained.
I am a 5th year student studying Chemical Engineering and Finance with plans to study my Masters of Primary Teaching and becoming a teacher after I complete my undergraduate degree. I am looking for primary students in Math and or english tutoring with the capacity to provide casual or regular part time babysitting and other household duties.
I have 3 years of experience working with children from kindy level through to upper high school in a range of roles including:
- Private High school Tutoring (Math, Physics, Chemistry)
- Volunteer education assistant
- Volunteer primary reading and math tutoring
- Volunteer youth centre work
- Student mentor
- Private high school tutoring (Math, Science, Physics, Chemistry)
If exceptionally large travel or additional planning is required charges may vary
- Curtin University - Double Degree: Chemical Engineering and Finance
Relevant Work Experience:
- Curtin Volunteers! Education Assistant Manning Primary School - year 2/3 [03/2018 – Present]
- Curtin Volunteers! English/reading tutoring - Victoria Park Primary School [08/2017 – Present]
- Teach Learn Grow – Primary School Math Tutor: O’Connor Primary School [06/2019]
- Curtin University – AHEAD Mentor [08/2018 – Present]: Engaging low SES high school students in university life
- Student Ambassador - Curtin University [02/2018 – Present]: Facilitating activities about university life with high school students
- Curtin Volunteers! Youth Mentor: Laverton Youth Center [04/2019]
- IVHQ – Volunteer Abroad: Teaching English in Nepal Schools [12/2016 – 02/2017]
- Curtin 2019 Equity and Diversity Leadership award scholarship
- Curtin 2018 semester 1 Volunteer of the Semester award
- Curtin John De Laeter Top Excellence Scholarship
- Curtin Principles Award scholarship
- Dux Atar - Graduating Class of Belridge Secondary College 2014
Other Work Experience:
- Engineers Without Borders – Curtin Club: Vice President/President [2018 - present/2017 - 2018]
- Yara Pilbara: Process Engineer Intern [12/2018-03/2019]
- Curtin University Fundraising: Alumni Appeal Ambassador [08/2018-11/2018]
- Telstra Kingsway - Sales consultant [03/2017 - 11/2017]
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|