I am a second year Biomedical Science student at Deakin University who has received High Distinctions grades for my subjects in Pre - Medicine, and I am looking forward to tutor primary and high school students in Science. My lessons are planned according to the needs of the student and are highly specified, in accordance of his/her skills, interests and comprehension. I am a strong supporter and believer in independent learning, and thus will provide maximum opportunity for the student to grasp , analyze and learn the lesson by actually developing their own understanding and learning style and will be there to guide,advise and teach the student the concept of the lesson as well as the ethics that surrounds it.
I am a second year Biomedical Science student at Deakin University who has received High Distinctions grades for my subjects in Pre - Medicine. In recognition of my academic skills in Math and English, I was appointed as a Math Mentor and a Writing and Research Mentor in University and also as a Peer Assisted Student Leader to teach first year undergraduates Introductory Chemistry in 2020 since I achieved the highest grade in Chemistry from the Batch of First Year Biomedical Science students at Deakin in 2019. In high school, I was appointed as the Deputy School Captain and also as the Presidents of the Girl Guides and Scouts, which is proof of my leadership and mentoring skills.
Self-confident and motivated undergraduate with sound academic background with exposure to leadership, social and environmental responsibility, work with multi-cultural teams and community service. Demonstrated high level leadership skills through positions held in Girl Guiding and in school, through the international exposure gained by representing Sri Lanka and through awards received for various disciplines. Seeking a career to expand my skills while making a significant contribution to the success of the company.
Education & Academic Achievements
BACHELOR OF BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE | 2018 | DEAKIN UNIVERSITY (BURWOOD CAMPUS)
· Major – Molecular Life Sciences and electives from Medical Bio Technology
· 8 credit points of High Distinctions for Math and Chemistry
EDEXCEL 2017/2018 LONDON AS | 2016-2017 | MUSAEUS COLLEGE, SRI LANKA
· ATAR OF 80%
G.C.E (ORDINARY LEVEL) | 2014-2015 | MUSAEUS COLLEGE, SRI LANKA
· Obtained A grade for all 9 subjects (English, Mathematics, Science, Commerce, History, Western Music, IT, Sinhala, Buddhism)
Skills & Abilities
· Leading teams
· Effective communication
· Program/Event management
· Community service
· Team building
· Computer Literate
10/2015 – 08/2016 Administration Assistant – Sri Lanka Girl Guides Association Headquarters
· Developed Excel spreadsheets to record data of all girl guides Association from all provinces of Sri Lanka and created an automatic cross-referencing system to update the databases, which improved accuracy and reduced the risk of the same data being repeated.
· Completed all tasks in a busy and fast paced environment keeping up with the store schedule and deadlines, thus contributing to overall store productivity.
· Mentored new assistants and explained the tasks and policies and made sure they worked together cohesively, in a team.
· Organized and catalogued parcels of learning material and uniforms and engaged in customer service in sales.
· Kept records of all material in the stock from the delivery period to the sales period.
10/2015 – 08/2016 Receptionist – Sri Lanka Girl Guides Association Headquarters
· Directed calls to heads of institutions such as schools and government learning centers.
· Managed Tele – sales by redirecting calls to the Girl Guide Shop.
· Responded by providing valid answers to questions and queries asked via telephone regarding girl guiding in a polite and courteous manner contributing to customer rapport and repeat business.
• Deputy School Captain, 2016/2017 - Musaeus College
• President of the 23rd Colombo Girl Guide company, 2016/2017 - Sri Lanka Girl Guides Association
• Deputy Head Prefect (Primary school), 2009 - Musaeus College
• Leader of the Primary Western Band, 2009 and Leader of the Percussion Western Band, 2004/2005 - Musaeus College
• Sri Lanka Model United Nations Conference in 2016, represented Musaeus College as a delegate
08/2019 – Current Secretary - Deakin University Sri Lankan Association
02/2019 – Current Student Member - Deakin University Biomedical Society
02/2019 – Current Student Member - Deakin University Sri Lankan Association
International Representation & Awards
• Represented Sri Lanka at the Hong Kong Centenary International Camp 2016, Hong Kong
• Represented Sri Lanka at the Iris Blacker Leadership Training Program in 2016, Sri Lanka
• Represented Sri Lanka at the Colombo Scout and Guide International Jamboree 2014, Sri Lanka
• Represented Sri Lanka at the Centenary Brownie Challenge 2010, Malaysia. I was honored to be selected to deliver the official address to the Prime Minister of Malaysia, from the Sri Lankan delegation.
• Represented Sri Lanka for the “Thought Leadership Award”, 2016, University of La’ Trobe, Australia
Obtained the following prizes during my Junior and Senior school tenure.
General Proficiency - 2012, 2011
English Oratory - 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011
English Poetry - 2015
English Language - 2009, 2008
Elocution - 2009
Health and Physical Education - 2012
Tamil Language - 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011
In addition to above school prizes, I was also awarded the Special Courtesy prize of the primary school in 2009.
First Class Merit Awards for maintaining highest averages in all subjects 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010.
• Swimming - Represented school swimming squad at the Novices Aquatic Championships from 2010 – 2013, and Junior Nationals Short Course Swimming Championships in 2012.
• Scrabble - Represented school scrabble team at the National Scrabble Tournament from 2012 – 2014.
• 2017: As the Deputy School Captain, I led a production titled “Unleashed” to raise funds for “Apeksha” cancer hospital, Sri Lanka. The funds collected was utilized to purchase medical equipment for the value of approximately, LKR 1.2M.
• 2016: As a Presidential Guide, I was appointed to carry out to assist at the National Paralympic Games in Sri Lanka and at “Differently Abled” Conferences held at Girl Guide Headquarters, Sri Lanka
• As a Girl Guide, I have carried out the following voluntary activities;
2016: Organized and conducted “National Kidney Day” projects for CKDU (Chronic Kidney Disease of Undetermined cause) patients in the district of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka.
2013: Key member of organizing committee of the “Musaeus to Mirusuvil” project, which was carried out to promote ethnic harmony between the North and South provinces of Sri Lanka, for orphans displaced by Civil War.
2013: Appointed as a duty officer, to assist at the “Aidex – Differently Abled” Sports Meet to promote equality.
2013: Carried out presentations and delivered speeches regarding gender equality in “Stop the Violence” campaigns.
2012: Organizing committee member of Anti-Litter programs for school, community and the coastal areas of the Western Province in Sri Lanka.
1. Mr. Peter Beech – Unit Chair of “Essential Skills of Bio Science” Unit at the Burwood Campus of Deakin University.
Contact - +(concealed information) Email – (concealed information)
2. Ms. Kanthi Fernando – Former Chief Commissioner of the Sri Lanka Girl Guide Association and Former Guide Captain of the 23rd Colombo Girl Guide Company
Contact - +9(concealed information) Email – (concealed information)
maths lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with physics lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about chemistry lessons?
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||$35||$45||Not available|