I am fully aware of understanding about current educational & professional issues in the domain. I prefer following strategies while teaching:
- Get Students Working Together
- Giving feedback to students & vice versa
- Graphical summaries
- Allowing time for every student to succeed
I am a responsible teaching professional worked at different positions for high school & uni students. I am postgraduate in Biochemistry. I have mainly taught following topics:
Structure & function of biomolecules; Enzymology; Cell biology & physiology; Bioenergetics & intermediatory metabolism; Nutritional & clinical biochemistry; Immunology; Molecular biology; Plant biochemistry; Biochemical, biophysical & molecular biology techniques; Human physiology; Basic biotechnology; Basic microbiology; Biostatistics & bioinformatics; Stem cell biology & reproduction
1. Teaching Assistant (2014–17) Dept of Biotechnology, Guru Nanak Dev University, India
- Worked as teaching fellow to under graduate students
- Graded tests, assignments & held practical sessions as well as organized, implemented & monitored
- Preparation of eduactional materials module writing (theory & practicals) and supportive hand
2. Assistant Prof. (2010-12) Dept of Biochemistry, Kurukshetra University, India
- Served as departmental faculty member by helping graduate students to develop their learning,
communication & practical skills
- Organized various educational trips & inter departmental competitions
- Rendered advisory role for students in their dissertation work (experiments & thesis writing)
3. Lecturer of Biology (2006-08) Mukand Lal National College, Yamunanagar, India
- Assisted senior faculty in managing their work load & instructed under graduate students
- Developed coursework plans as well as evaluated exams & projects given to students
EDUCATION: Master of Biochemistry
Rresearch Scholar (2012 - 2017) Guru Nanak Dev University, India
- Evaluated plant extracts for Anticancer Properties
- Developed, improved & maintained experimental data for publications
ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & AWARDS:
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET), India.
- UPE (University with Potential of Excellence) Fellowship given by UGC (University Grants Commission)
project for carrying out research on the basis of qualifying NET.
- Leader of ‘Editorial and Poster Display’ Committee(s) of International Conference on Environmental
Mutagenesis, Carcinogenesis and Health (ICEMCH-2016) and 40th Annual Meeting of Environmental
Mutagen Society of India; Dept of Botanical and Environmental Sciences, GNDU, Amritsar, India. Feb 17-
- General Secretary of Society of Botanical and Environmental Sciences (SOBES), Dept of Botanical and
Environmental Sciences, GNDU, Amritsar, India (2016-17).
- Award for Best Paper Presentation. In: ICMCH-2016.
- Active member of Green Earth (NGO for Environment, Health, Safety & Sanitation), Haryana, India.
- Life-member of Environmental Mutagen Society of India (EMSI), Mumbai, India.
- Qualified Haryana Civil Services Exam (Preliminary phase) India.
I know her from the last 7 years. She is hardworking and has sound knowledge of her subject. She has excellent practical knowledge.
Mrs Varinder is a very hard working, passionate, dedicated teacher bestowed wid a very fab teaching and communication skills. She is the best teacher as well as researcher i have ever knwn. She is well versed in her subject and is always keen to clear any doubts of her students. I am keenly impressed by her.May God give her more success in coming times.Good luck dear
In all my observations of Dr. Varinder, she has always demonstrated exceptional biology teaching skills regardless of her class’S age group or diversity of learning levels. She brings a number of special talents to her role as teacher. She is always willing to try new strategies and methodologies. I am delighted to recommend Varinder.
During my interaction with Dr. Varinder Kaur, I found her very hardworking, intelligent, honest researcher and teacher. She has great acumen and devotion for research and teaching assignments. She is very cooperative with her colleagues and laboratory staff showing good team work ethics. I am indeed very happy to recommend her and I wish her all successes in his future endeavors.
I have been her student. She is a brilliant teacher and person as well.
Her fundamentals and concepts are really clear and she tries to build up her students confidence by pouring right information to them.
Her patience allows her to understand students problems really well and her commitment towards her job is appreciated worth.
She is a great teacher with good communication skills. Her command over the subject is strong. She clears all the concepts in the most easiest way. Besides she always add a little fun to her work which makes listening to her evn more interesting. I strongly recommend her.
It is with great pleasure that I attest that miss Varinder is a great Biology teacher. I had the opportunity of knowing her when she took my Biology class at the University. She has a creative way of interacting with students and making sure that all of them develop a genuine interest and understanding of the subject. She made me see a new perspective of Biology and its applicability to our everyday life. With this, I now consider Biology not only as a subject but part of life.
I hereby highly recommend her, for she will broaden your horizon in biology as well as make you develop a genuine interest in Biology.
I have been her fan since attending her first biology class ever. Her extensive knowledge of subject was immediately apparent. I have no reservations giving Varinder Kaur my highest recommendation as an excellent biology tutor.
She is a wonderful tutor with superb teaching skills which makes even the toughest lessons seem easy for the students. She does her teaching job with full dedication and hard work. I fully recommend her for all the aspiring students.
She is a great teacher.Her way of teaching is commendable.She taught the difficult topics in such a easy way that you will surely understand them.In short, she is good human being, great friend and highly supportive and helpful teacher.
biology lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with cellular biology lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about molecular biology lessons?
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|