My teaching methods include guiding students through example problems and giving them the necessary tools to grasp the concept for similar problems. Occasionally, I use visual aids (diagrams, physical objects, graphs etc) to simplify a complex concept. My classes are targeted to students in Elementary (Kindergarten - Grade 7) and Secondary (Grade 8 - 12) schools.
I am currently a technical support engineer, and I have a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering. I have been involved in peer tutoring for math, science, and English since high school as these were always my strongest subjects. I enjoy learning and teaching and am constantly taking courses for my professional development.
Cancellation policy: Please let me know any cancellations or changes to your schedule at least 24 hrs prior to the lesson start time.
A self-motivated engineering graduate and tutor highly skilled in math, physics, English and test preparations. Have experience in special needs education. An articulate communicator with strong ability to cascade instructions and information to students clearly and effectively.
Key Skills and Proficiencies
• Microsoft Office proficient
• High level of communication skills
• Proficient in English and Mandarin Chinese
• Patient and a good listener
• Outstanding ability to explain challenging concepts in a motivating way
• Creative in implementing learning strategies
• Over 5 years’ experience in customer service
Technical Support Engineer
Quiver Power Ltd, North Vancouver, BC (Sep 2017 - Present)
• Provide technical support to clients by conducting web-based product training
• Engage with clients by resolving technical issues through video calls, emails, and telephone calls
Quality Assurance Technician
Soo Jerky Ltd, Richmond, BC (Jan 2017 – Sep 2017)
• Trained production workers on good manufacturing practices
• Created assessments for the company-wide health and safety training program
• Developed health and safety protocols to ensure food products were packaged in quality standards set by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC (Sep 2011 – April 2012)
• Supported students’ learning of English writing by proofreading and assisting in sentence structure, grammar, formatting, and overall flow
• Guided students through example problems and developed strategies to explain general concepts of math in simpler terms
Interaction Class for Students with Autism – Student Volunteer
Harry Ainlay High School, Edmonton, AB (Sep 2010 – June 2011)
• Interacted and conducted at least 2 activities per lunch hour with students with autism, patiently guiding them through activities to keep them engaged
• Organized field trips to the recreation center or park, creating opportunities for students to learn and have fun
University of British Columbia - Bachelor of Applied Science, Mechanical Engineering (May 2016)
Commonwealth Education Trust
Foundations of Teaching for Learning (Coursera) – September 2018
University of New South Wales
Learning to Teach Online (Coursera) – September 2018
June is patient, friendly, and really works to understand her students. She has helped me gain more confidence in my writing and speaking. I highly recommend her for high school students looking for extra support!
June helped me in my Math 101 course at UBC. She's patient and willing to explore different options and strategies to guide her students to help with their understanding of the subject. I would definitely recommend her!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|