I aim to cater lessons to suit an individual's needs. I try to incorporate games and activities into my lessons to make them fun and interesting. Usually a lesson will begin with some speaking practice or a warm up activity, after which we will do some exercises or practice a specific skill or grammar point. I try to create a supportive environment to encourage learners to practice using what they have learnt.
My experience includes teaching English in Thailand for 18 months. I have taught children, teenagers and adults, mostly in the classroom. I am competent at teaching English grammar and vocabulary, reading strategies, paragraph and essay writing and speaking. I try to incorporate games and activities into my lessons to make them fun and interesting.
I have taught English at varying levels including Elementary and Intermediate English as well as Academic English in preparation for university study.
Prior to teaching English I worked professionally as an environmental scientist, writing and reviewing reports and maintaining a high standard of written English.
- Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages for 18 months in Thailand (2017-2018)
- MSc in Education for Sustainability with Distinction (2016)
- Worked as an environmental consultant for eleven years (2005 - 2016)
- BSc (Hons) in Physical Geography (1st class) (2005)
- Tutor of Maths and Science to secondary school students (2003 - 2004)
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$110||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$225||$250|