My teaching methodology is based on a communicative approach. My lessons are tailored according to my students' needs. I like to work focusing on developing the four skills, as well as giving importance to a solid grammatical base. I am a big believer in facilitating the improvement of students' spoken and written production and I provide opportunities for them to develop their confidence using the English language. I am also an actress and a theatre enthusiast. Therefore, I like to include role-playing and improvisation games in my ESL classes and the results are very satisfying.
I am an ESL (English as a second language) teacher with twelve years'experience. Having taught English in Brazil, Canada, England and Australia, I have taught all different levels and age groups, as well as business English and IELTS preparation courses. I hold a CELTA certificate undertaken in Oxford, England and a TYL TESOL (Teaching Young Learners) undertaken in Vancouver, Canada. I am based in Australia, where I have worked as an ESL teacher for over four years, having taught students from all around the globe.
January 2017 –Current Date – Kaplan International Languages Sydney – Sydney, NSW English Teacher and Former Temporary Evening Academic Coordinator English Teacher providing English lessons for international students of all English levels as well as teaching in the drama, conversation, pronunciation and job clubs the school offers and working at the school library. Having worked as a temporary Evening Academic Coordinator covering a paternity leave. During this period, I had to assist evening students, mostly Brazilian students and deal directly with helping them, providing advice, support and guidance during their study path.
October 2016 – December 2016 (Ten Weeks’ contract) UNSW Global – Sydney, NSW Language Facilitator at the Foundation English Entry Course at UNSW Global within the University of New South Wales.
May 2016 – October 2016 - ELS Universal English College – Sydney, NSW Full-time English teacher at ELS where I had the chance to interact with students providing engaging and communicative classes as well as a drama club and a movie club.
March 2016 – September 2016 - George Brown College- Sydney, NSW General English teacher at George Brown College where I had the opportunity to teach students from different nationalities.
April 2016 –May 2016 – EF International Language Centre – Sydney, NSW Relief teacher at EF - English First – Sydney, NSW.
March 2009 – December 2015 - Yázigi Menino Deus School - Porto Alegre, Brazil English teacher at Yázigi International. Having worked with all different levels and ages.
• 2007 – Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration undertaken at Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS), Porto Alegre, Brazil.
• CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) 2011
Undertaken in February 2011 in Oxford, England at British Study Centre.
• TYL (Teaching Young Learners) – Certificate in English Language Teaching to Young children and teenagers - 2010
Undertaken in Vancouver, Canada at ILSC Vancouver in 2010.
Courses and Workshops:
• 2017 to 2020 - Attendee in several Professional Development Workshops at Kaplan International Languages Sydney (Current Employer)
• 2019 - PD Presenter at Kaplan International English - The use of drama techniques in the language classroom (Kaplan International Languages Sydney)
• 2018 - Participant teacher of the 12th University of Sydney TESOL Research Network Colloquium (University of Sydney)
• 2017 - PD Presenter at Kaplan International English – Using drama in the language classroom (Kaplan International Languages Sydney)
• 2016 - Participant teacher of the workshop “Learning outside the classroom: How well do you know your students” by Phil Benson (Macquarie University)
• 2015 - Lecturer presenting the workshop “Drama Clubs – The use of games and genre in English language teaching/ at the XXI APIRS July 2015 and participant of APIRS Summer course/Recycling Teaching Course (February 2015) and APIRS Summer Course 2014 (January 2014);
• 2014 – Lecturer presenting the workshop “The use of drama techniques in language teaching at the XX APIRS July 2014 and lecturer of the same workshop at the event on APIRS on the Road at Caxias do Sul Edition (October 2014);
esl (english) lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
Superprof can also help you with english speaking lessons.
Not quite what you're after? How about oral comprehension - english lessons?
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier!
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|