A new language can feel daunting, so classes are relaxed and friendly, and we will take it step by step. Mistakes will be treated as learning opportunities. Acquiring a language requires a lot of repetition, so homework is a must, and we will keep practicing what you've learnt previously until it comes automatically!
I am primarily an ESL teacher, however French is my second language and I enjoy making the language accessible to beginners and false beginners. I lived for over 18 months in French speaking countries (Switzerland and France) and I attained the B2 DELF Diploma in French Studies from the French Ministry of Education. I also graduated with a French major in my undergraduate degree.
At present I am reliant on public transport, and until such time as I get a new car, I will only travel to locations that are easily accessible to me by public transport.
* Master of Applied Linguistics (in the field of TESOL studies) - University of Queensland
* Bachelor of Arts (Double major in Mathematics, single major in French) - University of Queensland
* B2 DELF Diploma of French Studies - French Ministry of Education
* Certificate in TESOL Teaching Strategies (CELTA equivalent) - Queensland University of Technology
* Master of Business (Professional Accounting) - Queensland University of Technology
* Currently undertaking a Master of Teaching (Secondary)
* Have previously tutored beginners and middle school students, assisting them in understanding their classwork/homework, and helping them with the basics of French grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE
* ESL teacher at Shafston International College, Brisbane (2018-2021) - every level of General English, as well as First Cambridge Exam (FCE) preparation and TOIEC.
* ESL teacher at English Unlimited, Brisbane (2014 - 2018) - every level of General English, as well as First Cambridge Exam (FCE) preparation and IELTS.
* Tutored privately over many years
* Baewha Women's College, Seoul (2003-2005) - initially part-time, later full-time
* University of Suwon, Suwon (2002 -2004) - Fulltime
* During my time in South Korea (2002 -2005) I also taught English and Mathematics to primary and middle school students on a part- time basis.
* 1 year teaching in China (2001) teaching at a public high school, and a language academy for adults, as well as at a kindergarten.
* Previous experience tutoring English one-on-one in France and Switzerland
Experienced in teaching every age group, from kindergarteners to university students, as well as senior business people. I have taught general English, as well as English for exams, and Business English.
I am very excited about language acquisition. I am a proficient user of French, and I love dabbling in other languages, and hope to find the time to learn a third language properly some day!
french lessons nearby? Here's a selection of other listings you can check out.
|at their place||at your place||by webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$20|